Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

IB - charting real time European [LSE, DAX, VIRTX, EuroNext] stocks ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB - charting real time European [LSE, DAX, VIRTX, EuroNext] stocks ??

Hello
    WE have IB as our data provider through our account with them and have real time data subscriptions for the following four major European exchanges
    Swiss - VIRTX
    German - DAX/XETRA
    France/Belgium/Netherlands - Euronext
    UK - LSE [the FTSE 100 stocks at least]

We are having many many problems consistently generating charts for these european stock. eg - on the UK LSE, RIO worked fine and the chart was as expected, but BARC, HBOS and RBS gave data feed errors and we never have gotten any charts. All of them are on a list we created for LSE.

What are we able to do???

We did both importing and hand entering of limited number on the four sets of exchange stocks - but we cannot seem to get many charts for many of the instruments on these exchanges.

Do you perhaps have a nice, clear and detailed set of instructions for those people who are almost exclusively trading on European exchanges? Thanks - this was the main reason we set up an account with IB - so we could use their datafeeds - as IB assured us we could use NinjaTrader with the European stock data feeds. But apparently no one at IB has any idea about how to do this.

Thanks for your help on thios - NT or forum membersk2again

Hello,

Importing a list of stock symbols should work.

Can you please tell me what the errors exactly stated.

Please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight a stock that does not generate data and click Edit.

Check if the Default exchange is selected as well as the exchange the stock is traded on. Check if all other parameters are correct, such as currency and the symbol mapping used in the Misc-tab.

Add the stock to your default instrument list with the Default exchange listed under "Exchange".

Check if you receive data by selecting the stock from your default instrument list.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also use IB with Ninja. But US-markets only. Sometimes I also miss chart data, and only chart data. Last time after the weekend. Tried then the IB-chart, which was empty too. So try this. IB could be the problem...

Comment

I am trying to get the chart for STW 11-08 on SGX Futures (STW using IB) and although I have no errors, I only have what appears to be open and close bars. If any one has advice for how to set up the instrument manager for this, I would greatly apreciate that.
        Last edited by Newell; 10-14-2008, 07:42 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

EU - stocks better now - still exchange names uncertainty!

Jason - thanks
          Now I have most of the symbols working.

1) BUT - what is the exchange for the CAC and Amsterdam and Belgium??? Are they Liffe? It should be shown now as the Euronext - as the Euronext has collected the Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris exchanges all under one roof. Your list of European exchanges is sure not very clear for other than the LSE [UK], VIRTX [Swiss] and the XETRA DAX [Germany].

2) Updates NOT on charts:
          - HOT [Hochtief] on the XETRA DAX is not coming in and updating. It shows fine on the IB list of stocks and upodates very regularly - every few seconds.

Good news is that other XETRA DAX stocks like BMW and ADS and RWE are all fine on the charts.

3) Swiss stocks on VIRTX are seemingly fine.... but then it is pretty easy as you show VIRTX clearly as the logical exchange.

Thanks for "HOT" help
          Keith

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello,
          Importing a list of stock symbols should work.
          Can you please tell me what the errors exactly stated.
          Please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight a stock that does not generate data and click Edit.
          Check if the Default exchange is selected as well as the exchange the stock is traded on. Check if all other parameters are correct, such as currency and the symbol mapping used in the Misc-tab.
          Add the stock to your default instrument list with the Default exchange listed under "Exchange".
          Check if you receive data by selecting the stock from your default instrument list.
          Last edited by k2again; 10-15-2008, 05:08 AM. Reason: clarify

Comment

Hello Newell,

Can you please check the STW chart in TWS and check if it resembles the chart in NinjaTrader.

If possible please post a screenshot of your chart.

Comment

Hello Keith,

1. If you are referriong to the CAC40 futures contracts, please try the Monep or Matif exchange.

2. Try right clicking in the chart and select "Reload Historical Data" and check if the price will update. If not, please close the chart and open up a new one.

If the issue persists, please test this instrument in the SuperDOM and Control Center and check if you receive real-time data.

Comment

STW chart using IB

Jason here are screens that show what I am seeing. I use this same data feed and regularly trade using charts from another system. I am trying to switch to NT but I do trade STW every night so this one is needed. I am sure its my lack of understanding the instrument manager.

Thanks for all of your help with this.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Newell,

Can you please select a 30 minute interval in the NinjaTrader chart as well and check if the chart now resembles the TWS chart.

Try right clicking in the chart and select "Reload Historical Data".

Comment

Here is the chart. The time frame does not seem to make any difference. I have also reset database, repaired database and removed the symbol entirely and set it up new many times. changed exchanges and yet this is the best I can do. I have also attached a chart created at the same time from the same IB data in my other system.

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, only IB live accounts have access to historical minute data as you can see at the link below.

It seems the historical data you do display is stored in your database when you received real-time data for this instrument in NinjaTrader.

If you have access to an IB live account, please connect to this account in NinjaTrader and check if you display all data you requested.

Comment

it is the same chart from my active IB account.

Comment

Hello Newell,

Could you please send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including your IB connection information and screesnhot of the STW for the Definition and Misc-tab in the Instrument Manager.

That way I can test the STW on my end and check if I can reproduce the outcome.

Please put "Attn Jason" in the subject header.

Comment

PLS Start your own thread!!

Newell - in future, perhaps it would be better for your to start your own topic and thread - rather than hijack one that does not relate to your issue. Thanks

Originally posted by Newell View Post
                            I am trying to get the chart for STW 11-08 on SGX Futures (STW using IB) and although I have no errors, I only have what appears to be open and close bars. If any one has advice for how to set up the instrument manager for this, I would greatly apreciate that.

Comment

Hello Keith,

Did the instructions in post #7 help solve the issue?

My apologies for working on two cases in this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes