Clear All

data connection issue with IB

Click image for larger version

Name:	problema connessione dati IB.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	1105407
    Good morning
    this is my first intraday data link between InteractiveBrokers and Ninjatrader7 demo.
    The connection seems to be working, but the Ninjatrader gives me this error.
    I wanted to connect the future DAX or the mini dax (eurex)
    Can you please help me?
    Sorry: I'm a little clumsy

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.
    • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
    • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
    • Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    • Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
    • Select 'OK'
    • Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.
    To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.
    Additionally, there is a known limitation with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader that only the FDXM or FDAX instrument may be used at one time, and not both at the same time. By default, the FDXM will be disabled. If you would like to use this instead of the FDAX, please use these steps.

From the Control Center, navigate to Tools -> Instrument Manager.
    Search for FDXM.
    Once found, click FDXM and select "edit".
    Click on the 'Misc' tab
    Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and delete the "-disabled" part of this Parameter.
    Click "OK" to save your changes.
    Once this is done, please disable the FDAX instrument.

Search for FDAX.
    Once found, click FDAX and select "edit".
    Click on the 'Misc' tab
    Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and add in the "-disabled" just after the instrument name. This will look almost exactly like the FDXM instrument did before.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.
      • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
      • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
      • Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
      • Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
      • Select 'OK'
      • Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.
      To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.
      Additionally, there is a known limitation with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader that only the FDXM or FDAX instrument may be used at one time, and not both at the same time. By default, the FDXM will be disabled. If you would like to use this instead of the FDAX, please use these steps.

Search for FDXM.
      Once found, click FDXM and select "edit".
      Click on the 'Misc' tab
      Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and delete the "-disabled" part of this Parameter.
      Once this is done, please disable the FDAX instrument.

Search for FDAX.
      Once found, click FDAX and select "edit".
      Click on the 'Misc' tab
      Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and add in the "-disabled" just after the instrument name. This will look almost exactly like the FDXM instrument did before.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      OK Marco after your precious teachings I solved the problem... Thank you
      I have to say that site of very professional people.
      When I write a question, you answer quickly and you know how to solve problems.
      In Italy it is quite the opposite!!!
      A great service like yours unfortunately does not exist
      a curiosity: "Marco" is an Italian name... so I ask: are you also Italian?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post chbruno