symbol mini and micro mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

symbol mini and micro mapping

Hello, I'm trying the demo of your ninjatrader 7, with cqg demo data. (sorry my english)
    At the moment I use multicharts, where there is a very convenient and useful function for me ... "symbol mapping" and I want to know if I can also do this on the ninjatrader!
    I put the CL in the symbol of the chart (I indicate those that you have to put on ninjatrader!) And in the symbol of the instrument that I draw that of the mini crude oil QM.
    For the nasdaq chart I put NQ and on the instrument that I send the order I put MNQ ... and so also for other micro instruments.
    In this way I have the mini instruments chart, with all the indicators, volume and everything I need to analyze the chart well, but when I place or I send an order to market, on the chart, this order is sent to the micro!!!
    I did a search but I can't find a similar function in ninjatrader, is it possible to do this thing that I have described or is it not possible to do it?
    I only read a discussion in this forum where it was explained that it would be possible to load the chart of the micro (invisible) and mini instrument together visible ... I tried to do it but it does not work because I want to use range chart, or volume chart, renko chart,ecc.. and they are not the same micro and mini and I would like to put the order directly on the mini chart, not to look and use two charts (mini and micro) and to better manage the positions.
    I hope it can be done, because I would like to switch to ninjatrader, but this function is very essential for me!
    I don't need to send orders to mini instrument, it is enough for me that when I send an order on mini charts, the order goes on the corresponding micro instrument!
    thank you.

Based on your description, it sounds like you've created custom instruments for the mini and micro futures when that was unnecessary since they're built into the platform.

I'd suggest deleting the custom instruments you've created then following these steps:

NinjaTrader has added the new micro e-mini futures instruments into the NinjaTrader database. The symbols are as follows:
    • M2K = Micro E-mini Russell 2000 Futures
    • MES = Micro E-mini S&P 500 Futures
    • MNQ = Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 futures
    • MYM = Micro E-mini Dow futures
    To receive these new instruments within your NinjaTrader database, please follow the steps below:

An uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols. This is required even if you're using the latest version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.40. Please follow the following steps (this will not affect or remove your custom files or settings):
    • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
    Once installed, reset your instruments:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments> OK.
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left-hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
    • You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation ... but this was not my question unfortunately!
      I open a crude oil (CL) chart, data series chart at 1000 volume contracts!
      Normally if I send a buy order or place an order in this chart, example at $40,20, I buy 1 contract of the CL instrument....but I don't want this!
      What I want is that when I buy or place an order on CL crude oil (at $ 40.20), this order buys or places an order at $ 40.20 but on the QM mini crude oil!
      This is what I want to have! The same thing i want to have on micro futures cme (don't create micro futures symbols).
      It is possible to make me on the CL chart send orders and see the active position in the CL chart, modify the position on the CL chart ... but this order and position be on the mini QM instrument?
      I work with the order on the CL chart ... but the orders are always and only on the QM symbol instrument!
      I can easily do this option on multicharts, I want to know if I can also do it on ninjatrader.
      thank you

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I understand that you want to view the CL chart/data while actually trading to QM.

The only way I can think to accomplish this with manual trading would be to have both the CL and QM on a chart and ensuring that Chart Trader has QM selected:Here is a link with more information about working with multiple data series:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred