IB backfill error for ES (S&P eMini)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB backfill error for ES (S&P eMini)

Lately, whenever NinjaTrader connects to TWS, I get the following error message: Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)

I would then need to manually backfill ES from within the chart.

Also, is anyone else having problem with the backfill feature for other APIs (eg. QuoteTracker)? For the previous two weeks, it has been nearly impossible to backfill both ES and NQ (both CME products) during the regular trading hours using both NT and QT. However, they work fine in the afterhours.

I suggest to reduce the total amount of historical data request before connecting to IB. Connect to IB and check if the error persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same problem

Glad someone raised this up.

Am having the same problem and this time it's with 6.5.1000.7 + Vista (2 different changes).

If I load the chart data after-hours, it comes up. However, if I reload the chart during trading hours, all the data from the open to the current time goes missing.

This happens for YM, FSLR, AAPL - haven't tested with all stocks but guess it's the same with the rest.

Comment

This is an interesting one and I have the same problem occasionally with two data feeds - IB and IQFeed - currently DB repair has always helped.
        My feeling is that NT has problems at the database management level. I definitely hope these will be sorted out with version 7...
        I definitely think that running DB repair or creating a new DB is not a reasonable solution for a SW where data management is an essential daily task.

Comment

Could you please check if you have TWS version 887 installed. You can check this under Help-->About TradersWorkstation. This version is officially supported with NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.7.

Historical minute and daily data is supported with Interactive Brokers. Historical tick data is not supported.

Interactive Brokers has a limitation on how historical data you can request at once. Wait 5 minutes and you will be able to request the additional historical data.

Comment

Problem with IB backfill

Hi,

I have this same problem. Even if i try load just one day from IB ...

TWS: 887.2
            Ninja: 6.5.1000.7

Thanks,
            Ales

Comment

Hello Ales,

Can you please close all windows except the Control Center.

Open up a new chart and check if all data is displayed. If not, please tell me what instrument and interval is selected in the chart.

Comment

Closed all windows down, but still no data. Neither real-time. Just Error.

Instrument is mini Russell (TF), and no success with 3-, 5-min ...

And i have free version. Isnt there any limitation for previewing charts?

Thanks,
                Ales

Comment

Please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and remove the TF from your instrument list. Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments.

Restart NinjaTrader and add the TF 12-08 back to your instrument list and check if you receive data.

Comment

It works!
                    I followed you steps: remove, reset, restart, add and its working fine now.

Thanks a lot!
                    Ales

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post trilliantrader  
                    Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                    0 responses