E7 won't load from IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E7 won't load from IB

My broker and data supplier is IB. When I attempt to open a chart for E7 I get this message.

"Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)" None of the order windows show data either.

TWS shows charts and data for this contract.

Can you please remove the E7 from your instrument list in the Instrument Manager. Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments.
    Add the E7 back to your list and check if you receive data.

What instruments are selected in your order windows?

Try closing all windows before connecting to your data feed. Once connected open up your windows one by one and check if they display data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Currency E-minis won't load

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Can you please remove the E7 from your instrument list in the Instrument Manager. Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments.
      Add the E7 back to your list and check if you receive data.
      What instruments are selected in your order windows?
      I did this. I didn't have to add the E7 back. The reset message said that it would restore defaults. All currencies load fine except the currency E-minis, namely Euro, E7, and Yen, J7. I haven't had problems with any other contracts.All instruments seem to work fine in order windows also except the currency E-minis. (I'm not placing live orders from NT.)

Another question. In the instrument manager the tick values are the same (.0001) for the Euro and the mini Euro but the pt values are 125,000 and 6.25 respectively (default values). The Yen pt value is 12,500,000 but the mini-yen pt value is 6.25. The mini-Euro should presumably be 62,500 and the mini-yen should be 6,250,000?

Comment

Hello esmet,

According to the links below the point value is setup correctly.
        CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace offering the widest range of futures and options products for risk management.

CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace offering the widest range of futures and options products for risk management.

As per the mini currencies, please tell me what symbol mapping is used in the Instrument Manager for these instruments in the Misc-tab next to Interactive Brokers.

Comment

To the right of Interactive Brokers it says E7 for the mini-Euro and J7 for the mini-Yen. These are the symbols that work in TWS.

Comment

Please ensure the same symbol mapping is used for these instruments in NinjaTrader. You can check this in the Instrument Manager. Highlight the instrument and click Edit. Click the Misc-tab and check if the correct symbol mapping is entered next to Interactive Brokers.

Comment

I can't get the historical data to load for IB this morning (ES 12-08). This happens every once in a while with IB especially on very volatile/busy days. I get the "loading data" window but it's not able to retrieve the data and just stays open....

any suggestions?

Comment

We received other reports of IB customers that experience the same issues. If you can not load the chart in TWS as well, please contact IB.

Today, some instruments do not work with IB; it will load data but never finishes. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Please ensure the same symbol mapping is used for these instruments in NinjaTrader. You can check this in the Instrument Manager. Highlight the instrument and click Edit. Click the Misc-tab and check if the correct symbol mapping is entered next to Interactive Brokers.
                  Yes. I did do that. I both verified that the symbol mapping was correct and I verified that the same symbols worked in TWS.

However, this morning none of the charts I usually use will load in TWS. They do load in NT (but still not E7) except that they are showing only current data and past data that was presumably saved on my machine by NT which dates from yesterday.

It would be nice to get the mini currencies working but it's clear from reading other posts that only real solution to IB datafeed problems is to get another data provider. I was thinking about IQ. Has anyone had problems with IQ in NT?

Comment

open your charts before 8:30am eastern and keep them open, the load is much less on their system...

this is what i normally do, but today i opened my charts too late at around 9:00am eastern

Comment

Originally posted by rc5781 View Post
                      open your charts before 8:30am eastern and keep them open, the load is much less on their system...

this is what i normally do, but today i opened my charts too late at around 9:00am eastern
                      Ok, thanks. I'll give it a try on monday.

Comment

also, DO NOT refresh charts during the day, i know if their system is loaded heavily it will mess up tws charts, not too sure about 3rd party charts....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jaybedreamin