Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executions vs.Trades

Hi Ninja's,
    I am testing running an automated strategy. I needed to restart my computer with strategy where I am working with 1 contract only. I found after restart in Positions tab, that I have open position with 3 contracts and because my strategy was not in position, so I manually closed them.

In attached picture you will see in executions that I bought 3 contracts, my current position is 0 however in trades I have trade only with 1 contract. Where are other 2 contracts?

Thank you for your help in advance!
    Vladimir
    Attached Files

Hi Vladimir,

Please check your Control Center logs and see what kind of order was placed at 8:16:22. If you happened to have TraceOrders = true output that would be very useful in determining what your strategy did too.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Josh,
      thank you for your reply. I checked log and there are 3 contracts bought, I attached log file. TraceOrders method I added to strategy.
      Regards!
      Vladimir
      Attached Files

Comment

Vladimir,

The next step would be correlating that quantity of 3 with one of your exit orders. What you want to do is find the exit signal that goes by the name "Close". If you have not named your orders then it is a matter of pinning down which one triggered this order.

After that you will need to pin down why it sent 3 instead of 1 via prints that track order quantity.

Comment

Hi Josh,
          this is something I already did at the beginning. You will se necessary data in first post attachement. Account I reseted at October 13th so it was quite easy. However, I can see buy of 3 at execution and only 1 at trades. This difference I do not understand.

Comment

Vladimir,

I do understand you are seeing a discrepancy, but there is no way to explain anything except for looking into it at the code level. You need to find the code block in question and thoroughly debug it. See what type of order was actually sent. Did it actually send a quantity of 3 or a quantity of 1? From your screenshot there is no way to know which one is verbatim of the code.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            1 response
            0 likes