Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real time new bars from eSignal not displayed on chart

Hello,

I have recently realised that every morning until 9 am European time I have a problem with NT charts. I use Esignal as RT data provider. The problem is that before 9 no new bars are added to the chart. The price seems to be following the tick updates from eSignal but the bar stays frozen to the first bar when I opened the chart. For example, if I start the datafeed at 8:45, NT will stay on the 8:46 bar for the oil symbol (CL) until 9:00, but it will still upgrade the price. After 9:00 the problem seems to "heal" and new bars are populated. I have checked the eSignal data manager and the ticks and time stamps for the ticks are correct.

I have encountered this problem with the Nymex symbols (CL, HO and NG) and the COMEX symbols (GC). It is very easy to see with the CL since it has enough volume at that time in the morning.

This problem does not occur with the DAX future I am displaying at the same time as the others.

I have zen fire in another computer and I do not encounter this issue.

The computer I use with eSignal is an intel Quad processor with 4 gbytes of ram under windows XP.

Can you please help? Thanks,

Oscar

Hello Oscar,

A similar issue has been reported with eSignal as well by another customer. We will need to further investigate the cause of this behavior.

As soon as there is news regarding this matter, I will post a message.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the NT eSignal adapter which can't be overcome for now. We have it on the list of future considerations though.

Comment

Can you please explain what kind of limitation is this? Can you please exactly describe the issue and if there is any way to limits its effects?

To me it is a serious issue because it means that before 9am I annot have any kind of automatic system working on those features.

WIll this be fixed in NT 7?

Regards,

Comment

Unfortunately we don't any further information at that time. We are in touch with eSignal support to understand what's going on and will let you know as the status of this subject would change.

Comment

Any time scales for at least having a better understanding of the issue? When can I expect to have some feedback?

To me this problem translates into money. This morning I had one entry at 8:15 on the gold that was not executed due to this issue.

Thanks for your help, Oscar

Comment

Unfortunately we don't any further information at that time.

Comment

Hello,

has there been any progress on this issue?

Regards, Oscar

Comment

We added this issue to our list of future considerations. Unfortunately there is no ETA yet.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jeronymite