Historical Data Missing this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data Missing this week

Why on earth is it going to take until next weekend to get the NT7 historical data servers backfilled, when NT8's are being done tonight?
    And why has there been no notice or acknowledgement of this problem on the forum in a useful public message?
    Very disappointed as a long term loyal NT7 user to have an unusable technical analysis platform for a week.

First off, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We do our best to maintain 100% uptime but in reality that is impossible.

The simple answer to your question is that NinjaTrader 7's architecture makes it impossible to perform basically any update or change on the fly. This is a NinjaTrader 7 limitation that has since been fixed with NinjaTrader 8. There are many NinjaTrader 7 limitations that do not exist in NinjaTrader 8. If you'd like to avoid the limitations of using software designed and built 15+ years ago, I'd suggest looking into switching over to NinjaTrader 8. You can have both platforms installed and running on the same PC. I highly encourage that you do so if feasible.

There are at least two other threads regarding this symptom that have answers from NinjaTrader staff. Not all NinjaTrader users were affected by this so we hesitate to send out a blanket notification to all users.

Comment

Patrick, I appreciate the professional and courteous reply.

However, you and I both know that a server than can be taken offline and refilled/regenerated at the weekend could just as easily be done overnight, I don't expect to have to download a new version of NT7 to see this happen. It just appears to be an aggressive company policy. And (in my case) for a core instrument such as YM this seems nonsense, that it can't be done in minutes given the tiny amount of data involved.

Secondly, the reason I continue with NT7 is precisely because it is 15 years old and in general is extremely stable, compared to the horrendous experience than most of us had to endure when attempting the NT8 transition over the first two years of it's life. Sadly those scars do not heal quickly. I wish they did.

I suggest reading Taleb's 'Anti-fragile' for a thorough grounding in why newer is most definitely not always better.

Still hoping for better, Cheers.

Comment

Any reason why nobody thought to mention exporting minute data out of NT8 and importing it into NT7 ?

I just thought of this and it worked fine, problem solved, just have no active connection while doing the import.

I suggest adding it to the support workarounds list, rather than saying we try for 100% uptime and then saying it will be a week...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, quaver . This is a great work-around for NinjaTrade 7 users that have NinjaTrader 8 installed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes