Execute TradeStation Strategy Signals through NinjaTrader Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execute TradeStation Strategy Signals through NinjaTrader Windows 10

I have run the interface for executing TradeStation strategy signals through NinjaTrader(7) successfully and without any problems for years. But now, after eventually upgradeing my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the communication between those two plattforms stopped working. Any ideas ? Thanks

There is potential for change at a fundamental level to the file structure of your PC when you update operating systems. If you go through the setup process again and double-check all settings, do test emails function? Here are those steps for your reference:

Comment

Thanks

I went through the setup again and now at least the communication between NT and TraderStation seems to work again (both directions!) - Actually I am talking about the DLL interface, not the email interface!

Anyway, new problem:

Now there seems to be an issue between NT and Interactive Brokers. The orders do not go through to the broker, instead I receive the following message from NT:

"Interactive Brokers, Duplicate order ID (103) affected order: ......"

Comment

This message is coming from Interactive Brokers. Here is their definition of this error:
        • An order was placed with an order ID that is less than or equal to the order ID of a previous order from this client
        I am not certain what your strategy may be doing exactly, but is there a chance that it is submitting duplicate order IDs?

What version of TWS/Gateway are you using? Is it TWS 973.2? If not, here is a direct download link for TWS 973.2. Does the symptom persist when using the supported version of TWS?

If so, I'd like to take this troubleshooting off of the forums so I can look at your diagnostic files. Please compose an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum post and "2677557 ATTN Patrick G" in the subject.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to that email so I may investigate this matter further:
        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse