Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZenFire and IB Trading

Greetings,

I have an IB account and a Ninja single license to trade it.

I am considering getting another account with a Zenfire broker that offers a free trading version of Ninja.

I've noticed that Zenfire is not an option with my current license loaded.

My office PC has a simulation version of Ninja and it has both Zenfire and IB available as options and works with either one but is not able to live-trade because the license is not for the registered IB account.

Is it possible to use one pc to trade both accounts (not at the same time). i.e. trade the IB account on one day and the Zenfire account on another from the same pc/software?

I've heard I can enter a @sim license key and get options to connect to IB and Zenfire but will I be able to trade LIVE with IB using the @sim license key?

Thanks,
    Last edited by DavidHP; 10-17-2008, 03:39 PM.

Hello DavidHP,

The way you would be able to trade live on one PC with the same license key switching between two different broker accounts would be to purchase a multi-broker license.

Purchase Options - Multi Broker
    The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively, you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
    • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $1,495
    • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $449
    • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $75 per month
    Learn more about our purchase options!
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Michael,

Yes I realize I can purchase a multibroker license. But since the Zenfire broker offers a FREE version why should I purchase an additional license?

I already have one purchased version and don't see why there is not an option to use the Zenfire with that version? It appears that the option to use Zenfire disappeared when I entered the license key for the live trading version.

Thanks

Comment

What you can do is use the free version license key and insert that into NinjaTrader when you want to use Zen-Fire, then put back in your IB license key when you want to use IB. If you want to connect to both, then you have to use our Multi-Broker version. This is since the free version is NOT the equivalent functionality as our pay live version.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

Can I do this:

Transfer my paid license to Zenfire and use the Interactive Brokers as a backup data source?

If I use Zenfire as the paid license, is there an option to use IB as a backup data source or external source?

I would not use Ninja to trade IB at all but only Zenfire.

I need the $SPX and Dow data and Zenfire does not offer that but IB does.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

You can do this if you upgrade to the Multi Broker license which allows you to connect to multiple brokers.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My current quarterly subscription just renewed. Can I upgrade to the multi-broker Lifetime subscription and apply this amount to the lifetime license?

How do I do that?

Thanks

Comment

Please send a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including your request.

They will be able to assist you with your inquiry.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes