Cannot Load Data in Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Load Data in Charts

I did a fresh install of NinjaTrader 6.5 and I'm using IB for the data feed. When I try to open a chart, I get the message "Loading Data... Saving... This request can not be aborted." and it just stays there never bringing up the chart. I successfully get data in the DOM and in the Control Center and I'm able to place simulation trades in the DOM. Here is what I've tried thus far:
    1. Fresh install of NT 6.5. Deleted all directories for previous installation prior to re-install.
    2. Repair DB.
    3. Verified the IB connection configuration is correct.
    4. Limited the number of days to load. I tried loading 2 days of ES and YM and get the same behavior.
    5. There are no indicators applied to the chart.
    6. PC satisfies the recommended specs, including running the correct version of .NET.
    Any idea how I can resolve this? Thanks.

What technology provider are you connecting to and are there any error messages in your NinjaTrader Control Center Log tab?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm connecting to Verizon Fios - 20M/5M.

I am getting the following error in the Control Center Log:

IB.Globals.MessageLoop msg='17': The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by antonio; 10-19-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Hello Antonio,

Please go to Tools-->Historical Data and delete all historical data for the ES.

Create a new ES chart and check if the error persists. If so, please tell me what settings were used for the chart in order to test it on my end.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason, deleting historical data fixed the problem. Thanks!

Comment

Well, if I delete historical data, I am able to open and load a chart successfully. However, if I close the chart and try to open it again, I encounter the same problem described in my original post. To open a chart again, I need to delete historical data. By the way, in the "Loading Data..." window, I see that it is loading data for the current day and then I get the message "Saving... This request can not be aborted." In other words, it doesn't even try to load data for the previous day.

The "Format Data Series" dialog box is configured as follows:

Instrument
            Type: <Default>
            Name: ES 12-08

Interval Settings
            1 Minute bars

Chart Template
            <None>

Range Settings
            15 Days back

There are no indicators applied to the chart. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Antonio.

Could you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including your log and trace files and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header. You can find the log and trace files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20081024 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20081024 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Similar problems w Zen Fire connection

I gave up on my other thread but I am having a recurring issue with data loading onto charts.
                Changing an instrument on a chart has in the past crashed the program, and now has a similar problem. Changing an instrument on a chart now leaves the chart blank even using "reload historical data". Restarting ninja will bring my workspace back with the missing data but when i connect all my candles go away never to return and the program crashes.Bid/ask data is coming through , just not to the charts. Similar w 6.5.6, now with 6.5.7
                Click image for larger version

Name:	102708 missingdata1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	849515
                Click image for larger version

Name:	102708 missingdata2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	849516

Comment

Hello Taters,

Do you still receive the same error events in the Windows events viewer?

Did you try reducing indicators, charts and other windows in your workspace. Try setting "Calculate on bar close" to True for all indicators and load your charts again.

If the issue still persists after reducing the RAM usage of NinjaTrader using the instuctions, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing this forum thread and including the workspace that contains the charts that do not load with data.

You can find the workspace at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->workspaces.

Comment

happy halloween

some charts just aren't holding the data today. closed charts reopened them shut done nt restarted it problem keeps happening miss 10, 3 mins at a time then works a little bit than skips data again. bar chart is provider with mb trading. have latest version.

Comment

Could you please try the tips listed at the link below and check if this will improve the behavior.

If you only connect to MBTrading does the behavior persists?

Comment

workaround

I dont know if your problem is the same as mine, but the only way I have found around this issue is to never change an instrument on a chart, never change a timeframe of a chart and never try to open a new chart. I also trash my workspace every night because NT will not startup using a current workspace. Lately i have just been leaving NT running 24/7 so I dont lose my fib lines , s/r lines etc., when I trash my workspaces. Hope this helps!

Comment

That's funny because I find the same thing to be true long as leave the chart open and don't change even the time it's ok. Currently using 12 charts on a workspace. I often close the workspace before shutting down so only default is left. The workspace saves just fine that way. Will try the suggestions and get back to you.

Comment

workspaces

I always save my workspace throughout the day but that doesn't help. I have had mixed results by closing the workspace before exiting- sometimes it works , sometimes not. I used to use 10 charts (3 insts on 2 different time frames, 3 market internals charts and a market analyzer window). I have cut that down to four- 2 insts on 2 tfs and I look at internals on another company's demo chart feed ( which never hiccups with as many charts as you want while taking less cpu footprint than NT), no mkt analyzer, and still have problems. They thought the old workspace might be too big (400k) but what program can't handle a 400k file??? My workspace is down to 200k, I cant keep track of multiple markets and i still have problems loading chart data. This is even after reformatting my entire computer and starting NT from scratch on a fresh drive. It seems there is a problem with the .NET environment as i get .NET errors, so Ninja blames .NET. That is like a programmer blaming C++ when the program he wrote crashes. Price data is getting into my computer fine because bid ask still show up and are active when my charts freeze, and the data from the time during the freeze will show up when I restart NT, but before I connect to the data feed. Somehow there is a problem getting the data onto the charts from the feed, or the buffer if there is one.
                            Oh, one more thing to try- make a template called "Blank" or use a default template with no indicators (if you use any! ). Start up with a workspace with only blank charts and add your usual template to each chart after you are connected. The problem though is if you use fibs or trend lines or any drawing, they will be erased each day so you will need to draw them on all of your charts again each day.

Comment

same issue

Yes _ i get the dreaded blank chart when I change symbols - happens sporadically with no rhyme or reason to it.
                              I just close and open NT again and it seems to right itself but I would love to know what causes it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Kaledus