Collapse

Cannot Load Data in Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely upon switching instruments NinjaTrader uses too much memory and thus your chart does not load.

Does it happend upon periods of high volatility? NinjaTrader will use more resources during high volatitily periods, since it will process more data.

If the issue recurs frequently, you will need to reduce the memroy load of NinjaTrader. Please see the link below for helpful tips.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

I am unsure what it is -it happens at quiet times and volatile times whether I have one chart open or 15.

I have noticed it seems to happen more when the machine has gone into hibernation mode and had to re connect to the feed ( it's a laptop) but it's inconsistent.

the tips I had already done.

Comment

Try restarting the software or rebooting your laptop after your got disconnected and your laptop went into hibernation mode.

Check if the charts will load with data.

Comment

Indeed that is what I have to do - its just an irritation.

Comment

Charts not Loading Data

I use 6.5.1000.6 with ZenFire as data feed. Each Sunday night I start up NT and leave it to first load all charts from a single workspace which takes quite a while. Thereafter I connect to ZenFire and leave it again to reload all charts, and I connect to OpenTick as well. I then leave NT running 24 hours and shut down Friday night. This has been working reasonably well for over a year. Often NT will simply hang and I have to shut down NT and reboot the computer. Since last week I have been wrestling with getting NT to cleanly load charts. I have deleted the single workspace and recreated charts. However I cannot get all the charts to load anymore. Has this anything to do with the size of the NinjaTrader.mdb file ??? I have "Store real-time bar data" checked . I need to keep as much historical data as possible to be able to see daily charts set up as 1440 minutes.

This has become very frustrating since I am now spending many hours trying to manage charts instead of focusing on trading.

Your suggestions and help please

Thank you

Comment

Please install our latest version, NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.7. You can install this version on top of your currrent version.

If your charts do not load, most likely NinjaTrader in total is requesting too much data and PC resources, which causes your charts not to finish loading.

Please check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Please go to File-->Workspaces and close all workspaces listed below "Save Workspace As" except the Default workspace. Select the workspace and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

The following link will provide you helpful tips to improve the performance of NinjaTrader and reduce data/resource request of NinjaTrader.

Please apply these tips and check if this will make a difference.

For example, please set "Calulate on bar close" to True for the indicators that you run and check again.

Comment

Originally posted by Taters View Post
                I always save my workspace throughout the day but that doesn't help. I have had mixed results by closing the workspace before exiting- sometimes it works , sometimes not. I used to use 10 charts (3 insts on 2 different time frames, 3 market internals charts and a market analyzer window). I have cut that down to four- 2 insts on 2 tfs and I look at internals on another company's demo chart feed ( which never hiccups with as many charts as you want while taking less cpu footprint than NT), no mkt analyzer, and still have problems. They thought the old workspace might be too big (400k) but what program can't handle a 400k file??? My workspace is down to 200k, I cant keep track of multiple markets and i still have problems loading chart data. This is even after reformatting my entire computer and starting NT from scratch on a fresh drive. It seems there is a problem with the .NET environment as i get .NET errors, so Ninja blames .NET. That is like a programmer blaming C++ when the program he wrote crashes. Price data is getting into my computer fine because bid ask still show up and are active when my charts freeze, and the data from the time during the freeze will show up when I restart NT, but before I connect to the data feed. Somehow there is a problem getting the data onto the charts from the feed, or the buffer if there is one.
                Oh, one more thing to try- make a template called "Blank" or use a default template with no indicators (if you use any! ). Start up with a workspace with only blank charts and add your usual template to each chart after you are connected. The problem though is if you use fibs or trend lines or any drawing, they will be erased each day so you will need to draw them on all of your charts again each day.
                Wow.... I thought I was alone but seems we are having the exact same problem and have tried similar things to resolve it. I did a fresh install 3 weeks ago and Ninja worked perfect for a week, and nearly perfect for 2 more weeks, now it's unusable again. Today I tried a wired connection instead of wireless, and I tried NT 6.0 installed in a different directory to 6.5, still I get a quick "Loading Data" window, too quick to actually receive the data requested, followed by a Frozen "Saving Data" window. I even manually deleted files in the cache directory, all the workspace files, all the indicators. Still frozen "Saving" window.

I have spent many many hours like others trying to find the cause, too many really but like most people at this game money is scarcer than time.

I am now beginning to think there are windows files that Ninja relies upon, that are corrupt......

Can I find out what files outside of the Ninja Install files that Ninja uses ?

Dean.

Comment

.net 1000 ERROR?

there is another thread dealing with some of these questions. I think realistically NT is putting their resources toward NT7 and not addressing some fundamental issues w the v6.x which i suppose is their prerogative.
                  I spent waaay too much time trying to get to the bottom of what was wrong-I ultimately had to give up NT because of these issues. With a fresh XP system install and no other programs I still got hung up on .NET error 1000.
                  You may wish to check if that is happening to you as well.
                  In the start menu click RUN and type msconfig. then follow the diagram in my attachments and see if you are getting .NET runtime errors. My impression is there is a cacheing problem somewhere but I'm not a programmer.
                  BTW no one knows what that error means but there seems to be a kernel fault involved.
                  Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	NT thread 1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	850284 Click image for larger version

Name:	NT thread 2.gif
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	850285 Click image for larger version

Name:	NT thread 3.gif
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	850286

Comment

Thanks Taters for that info, I have looked for Application errors before and only found Warnings of Internet connection I think it was, but this time I found this Red Error.

Luckily I made a disk image of my hard drive just before Ninja went bad last month, and I reloaded that and Ninja worked fine, then I started updating some drivers, WiFi and such, I didn't actually take note of all the drivers I updated, unfortunately, cause the next time I ran Ninja it froze on the Saving Data window, damn, luckily I made a Restore Point just after my disk image reload, I did a restore and Ninja works fine again.

I don't really feel like updating a driver and then testing Ninja, repeat, repeat, like you I've had hours of that, but maybe later I may feel more motivated, anyway if your patience is in good shape you could try rolling back some drivers ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

you guys should be on the payroll

All of this stuff is unacceptable. I have experienced alot of the same stuff and more. I am no where near as capable as you guys in your trouble shooting skills, but in my opinion from other experiences in life this is a great example of insanity. I am fairly new with ninja and have reviewed posts dated back to 2005-06 and see the same stuff posted. Ah, it is now 2009. Whats going on? At least I now Know what I am up against if I want to start delving into the tuffer capabilities. Not worth the headache cause you're just going to lose your data or be forced to. Don't be naieve. I, like another individual think that ninja has great potential but is an unfinished product. I just want something that works, not potentially gonna work or work around or you know what I'm talking about. Good luck and Good luck. Later

Comment

My advice is ...... if these are the problems you are having, and the simple things the moderators suggest do not work for you, then best to give up on running ninja on that computer. Try another computer if you are lucky enough to be in that position.

One thing I noticed that Taters and I have in common is an AMD CPU, But I am not sure how relevant that is.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post DJ888
                        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view