Collapse

Moving ATM's Targets and Stop with Hotkeys / Streamdeck device in NT7 and NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving ATM's Targets and Stop with Hotkeys / Streamdeck device in NT7 and NT8

IN EXECUTED ORDERS

Basically what the Streamdeck with prorealtime / interactive brokers allows is to program buttons to move the target or stop of an EXECUTED order by a custom number of ticks or %.
    Here's the demo:

Does the Ninjatrader 7 "Increase/Decrease last order price" hotkey feature permits to preconfigure a custom number of ticks the user wants to move his stop or target?

For example:
    I executed an OCO order of 3 contracts in the Chart trader with a stop at entry - 40 ticks and 3 targets at entry + 40 ticks (target1) + 50 ticks (target 2) and +60 ticks (target 3).

Can you check and confirm that the current NT7 and NT8 versions do allow the following with the "Increase/Decrease last order price":

ORDER IS ACTIVE:
    ORDER QTY = 3 CTS
    ENTRY = 3340
    OCO STOP = 3300
    OCO 1ST TARGET = 3380 / 1CT
    OCO 2ND TARGET = 3390 / 1CT
    OCO 3RD TARGET = 3400 / 1CT

USER HAS PRECONFIGURED HOTKEYS AS FOLLOWS:
    CTRL+1 = MOVE STOP TO ENTRY +10 TICKS (SHORT ORDER) / ENTRY-10 TICKS (LONG ORDER) [MOVE STOP FROM 3340 TO 3330]
    CTRL+2 = MOVE TARGET 1 10 TICKS ABOVE ORIGINAL PRICE (FROM 3380 TO 3390)
    CTRL+3 = MOVE TARGET 2 21 TICKS BELOW ORIGINAL PRICE (FROM TO 3390 TO 3369)
    CTRL+4 = MOVE TARGET 3 7 TICKS ABOVE ORIGINAL PRICE (FROM TO 3400 TO 3407)

Other issue:
    it seems Ninjatrader 7 and 8 force users to use a combination of keys for orders entry hotkeys.
    Can it be made so users can use a single key / button (like the streamdeck feature)?
    so rapid execution with keyboard hotkey is granted (no forcing using 2 keys/hands - removing fat finger/slower execution issues)?
    And compatibility with streamdeck is warranted?

Clearly Ninjatrader users are at a massive disadvantage in regards to speed and simplicity of execution because of current mandatory manual ATM movement of targets and stop management.

When will these essential and basic features be granted in Ninjatrader 7 and Ninjatrader 8?

So Ninjatrader users can at last be on par with cutting edge orders management technology?

Potentially improving results massively with proper execution?
    Imagine the impact even if it improves execution of 1 tick per trade for 100s or 1000s of contracts traded in the month?
    We're talking of $1,000 or $10,000+ gained by this simple Ninjatrader 7 and 8 upgrade.
    That's the cost Ninjatrader users pay currently because of this lack.

Thanks.

Hello Cormick,

Thank you for your post.

I can see we were working together in an email thread as well and I wanted to include my last response on that thread here for visibility.

It is not currently possible to modify this function to change the range that is increased or decreased.

I've added a feature request for this item.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2386. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
    Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
      Hello Cormick,

Thank you for your post.

I can see we were working together in an email thread as well and I wanted to include my last response on that thread here for visibility.

It is not currently possible to modify this function to change the range that is increased or decreased.

I've added a feature request for this item.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2386. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
      Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
      Hi NinjaTrader_Heath

Thanks for the follow up. Can you give an estimation of when the feature will be released?

A similar request here dates back from may 2014 here:

Would be beneficial to combine the 2 requests features for the dev team.

Thanks.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Heath

Also the request is not just about changing the 'range that is increased or decreased currently available hotkey' ( i.e. customizing the number of ticks to move the stops and target by the press of a single button instead of the slow and error prone current way of manually clicking the target/Stop tag and again manually clicking to a new location on chart).
        It's also and mainly about doing that on an EXECUTED order (i.e. moving the stop/targets by pressing ONCE a single button AFTER the order has been executed = managing the EXECUTED position, not just moving the OCO order prior it 's been executed).

Please make sure to let the dev team know the exact specifics of the request.

Please refer to this thread https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...keys-for-atm-s for reviewing that the current 'increased or decreased hotkey' only works currently for moving orders PRIOR of their executions —which is not what matters/what's requested in this case— i.e MANAGING *****EXECUTED***** POSITIONS.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cormick View Post

Hi NinjaTrader_Heath

Thanks for the follow up. Can you give an estimation of when the feature will be released?

A similar request here dates back from may 2014 here:

Would be beneficial to combine the 2 requests features for the dev team.

Thanks.
          Hi NinjaTrader_Heath

Any Follow up?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Cormick,

Thank you for your reply.

There has been no update on this item as of yet.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
            • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
            • Feasibility
            • Developer bandwidth
            • Current projects in the queue
            • Economics

You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
              Hello Cormick,

There has been no update on this item as of yet.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
              • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
              • Feasibility
              • Developer bandwidth
              • Current projects in the queue
              • Economics

You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.
              Ok. Thanks for the details. Is this the right place for release notes ?

What's the release schedule? So I can check and inquire periodically for new features?

Is there a simple way to track inquire for features?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hello Cormick,

That is the correct location to view release notes.

We don't have a set release schedule, this typically depends on the severity of items that have been patched or new requirements for connection API's etc that have been changed. It's not based on a specific timeline but rather the features that have been added or changed. Each release varies in content and release time.

We do not currently have a timeline for the next major or minor release of the platform.

Comment

+1 for hotkeys in ATM please. Moving to breakeven with specified extra ticks in profit would be a good start.
                  Currently it only moves the stoploss onto the position. I need a few extra ticks to "pay for" the commissions.

Comment

Hello Gorkhann,

Thank you, your vote has been added.

Comment

Best workaround found so far for all interested:

Tick Hunter Bot / Assistant from the User Apps Share, by excellent RFrosty

2nd choice alternative (basic NT7 ManageTradesV1.cs code) by MWinfrey :

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                      2 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post BarzTrading  
                      Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes