Data won't download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data won't download

Hi. The last 24 hours I have not been able to load data from Zen-Fire. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

PJ

Hello,

Are you getting any errors in your log tab?
    Is this happening for all instruments?
    Are you able to connect to Zen-Fire?
    Have you tried rebooting your PC?
    Is your internet working?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My presumption is that Zen-Fire is having some difficulties with historical data server. I have been having same issue last 6 days as I wrote here http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ad.php?t=10319
      Yesterday was fairly OK but today the issue is back today. I logged OK at 15,45 but I can't see any past data for today Well, I have demo account so I can't really complain I just wondered if I open account at Mirus but I won't pay at the moment for NT (too volatile for beginner to start) would I have access to different Zen-Fire server not the demo one? It's my explanation but I think it's overloaded so I would avoid having this trouble and could do papertrading and start as soon as the situation calm down a bit.

Comment

Hello,

I am sure which past issues you are referring to, but earlier today the Zen-Fire feed did have one issue that is resloved if you restart NinjaTrader.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Ben; 10-21-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Hello Ben,
          thank you for your time. Do I understand right that Zen-Fire had some issue and it can't be resolved at the moment so I won't have past data today ? Is this issue only with demo or real account as well ?

Comment

Hello,

I corrected a typo in my last post. It IS resolved.

Comment

Hello Ben,
              thank you for you reply but I am not having a luck today At last I have found somebody with same issue. I should add that we are both from the Czech Republic and this is message we both have in the NT log file:

Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654)

I tried to ping that machine unsuccessfully. I restarted NT again and I connected fairly quickly to Zen-Fire with all workspaces closed. I see the moving price, I chose to open new chart (15 range TF 12-08). It loaded data from the Monday but nothing for today. I am looking in the log file and the message
              Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654)
              is there again. I enclose description of my problem which I put to another thread>

>I have to refresh this thread
              I have had trouble with plotting charts in my NT since thursday.
              I use NT 6.5.1000.6 with Zen-Fire (Mirus DEMO). I had not had troubles before only now. I connect easily to Zen-Fire, the box in the left corner is green but when I try to plot any chart nothing. Either it gets stuck with the box "Loading data" for 30 minutes (at that point I loose patience and kill it) or it will plot empty chart.
              I tried all performace tips. The one with diagnostic tab, close all workspaces, plot chart with no indicators only price. What's weird, that price in DOM will appear and move (not now because market closed, but it did on thursday and friday) but still no charts I should add that I have 2 computers and problem is on both. My internet connection line is 10Mbit/s and I haven't had any troubles with internet whatsoever. Oh I almost forgot, I reinstalled NT started new DEMO account but still the same.
              I feel hopeless and fairly desperate. Has anyone experienced similar troubles? I thought that maybe Zen-Fire DEMO is overloaded I just don't >know. Will be really grateful for any help or tip. Thank you in advance.

I will try to find out what internet provider has the other guy whether that could be connection I don't know. So if you have any other suggestion what could be a cause of our problem please let me know. Thank you for your time again. I should add that the other guy is on real account so for him this obviously far more worse

Addition:
              I just tried to ping to the server 64.202.118.231 from which I am receiving Zen-Fire data. And no response so I guess they block ICMP on those servers. Dou you know whether 64.202.118.132 is the one with historical data ?
              Last edited by hanslama; 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Did you shut down and restart NinjaTrader and try to reconnect?

If so, please email me from Help>Mail to Support "attn Ben" and include this link in the body of the email:

Also, include your account connection information in this email so I can test your account connection.

Comment

UPC problem with NinjaTrader

hello,

I have the same problem as Hanslama. I found on the Czech forum
                  that may result from the internet provider "UPC".

I live in Poland and I have the UPC. At home I can not view any historical charts, [freezes and LOG: "Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654)"]

But I use at the university (other Internet connection / provider) at the same laptop and the same setup and configuration NT I use historical charts and everything is working well.

How can I resolve this problem, so I can at home to work on NT?
                  I have demo account with zen-fire datafeed.

Comment

inmax, then I would suggest contacting your local ISP to make sure you can connect fine to the needed data server IP address (64.202.118.132). Do you have a chance to test another connection while at home?
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Warning for everybody. The UPC

is the worst provider in Europe. They won't listen, they won't help you, they will lie. Be aware. They lied to me for 6 months about trying to solve this problem.
                      I had to switch to another internet provider to solve the issue listed below. And guess what. Now NT+Zen-Fire runs smoothless with historical data
                      So keep away from UPC broadband.

Comment

Thanks, hanslama. I wrote to them on Monday and to this day, I haven't got a reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post xiinteractive  
                        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred