Micro futures data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro futures data

Just to see if it worked I tried to download some data on MES and I get this message:

"Error on loading chart data for 'MES 12-20 Cme': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available.

With a OK button

Does this mean that NT does not have backfill for MES or what?

Thanks for any answer.

BottomShark77 It would depend on who you were connected to for data. NinjaTrader's historical data servers have MES (and other micro) data.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      BottomShark77 It would depend on who you were connected to for data. NinjaTrader's historical data servers have MES (and other micro) data.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
      • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
      NT version 7.0.1000.40

CQG

Comment

Did you follow the instructions mentioned in post #6 to uninstall/reinstall then reset your instruments? Here are those steps for your reference:

NinjaTrader has added the new micro e-mini futures instruments into the NinjaTrader database. The symbols are as follows:
        • M2K = Micro E-mini Russell 2000 Futures
        • MES = Micro E-mini S&P 500 Futures
        • MNQ = Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 futures
        • MYM = Micro E-mini Dow futures

An uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols. This is required even if you're using the latest version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.40. Please follow the following steps (this will not affect or remove your custom files or settings):
        • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
        Once installed, reset your instruments:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments> OK.
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager.

Comment

Did you follow the instructions mentioned in post #6 to uninstall/reinstall then reset your instruments? Here are those steps for your reference:

So even though I already have those symbols listed in the instruments I have to uninstall, reinstall and reset the instruments?

Comment

Yes, the error you've indicated is occurring is indicative of one of two things:
            1. Incorrect instrument configuration
            2. Inability to connect to the historical data servers
            Performing the steps I've provided will resolve the issue if the root cause is item #1. If the symptom persists, we can continue to troubleshoot once we've eliminated that variable.

Comment

Yes, the error you've indicated is occurring is indicative of one of two things:
              1. Incorrect instrument configuration
              2. Inability to connect to the historical data servers
              Performing the steps I've provided will resolve the issue if the root cause is item #1. If the symptom persists, we can continue to troubleshoot once we've eliminated that variable.

Okay so I have revisited this and I do get backfill from Ninja I believe it is, but I do not get any live updating quotes from CQG/Amp. I am subscribed to CME data and I get regular live updating ES data but no MES data. So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Comment

I've moved our conversation into it's own topic on the NinjaTrader 7 subforums since you had posted on a NinjaTrader 8 topic originally.

What is your NinjaTrader 7 version listed as now? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)

Are you certain that you followed the reset instrument steps after the uninstall/reinstall? If not, please do so now.

If you've confirmed you're on the latest version of NinjaTrader 7 and also performed an instrument reset, then I suggest we remove the MES instrument from your database then perform a reset - this will ensure that any previous manual steps done while reading the NinjaTrader 8 topic will be undone and a new MES instrument will be created from our servers.

Comment

I've moved our conversation into it's own topic on the NinjaTrader 7 subforums since you had posted on a NinjaTrader 8 topic originally.

What is your NinjaTrader 7 version listed as now? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)

Are you certain that you followed the reset instrument steps after the uninstall/reinstall? If not, please do so now.

If you've confirmed you're on the latest version of NinjaTrader 7 and also performed an instrument reset, then I suggest we remove the MES instrument from your database then perform a reset - this will ensure that any previous manual steps done while reading the NinjaTrader 8 topic will be undone and a new MES instrument will be created from our servers.

Okay, I am back here to report that with doing the above steps I now have live MES quotes and backfill. And I still have my workspaces intact.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post alifarahani  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes