Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining ATM and NinjaScript

Hello everbody!

Is it possible to initiate a trade via ATM strategy and handle the trade within NinjaScript?
    e.g I like to place a order which will be splitted in two targets. The first one will be executed via ATM and the rest of the portion I like to trail with different algorithms.

Thanks for your advice
    Markus

Please see the following link for more information regarding NinjaScript and ATM strategies.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATM Strategies Executed by Ninjascript

I clicked on the link that the Ninja guy posted and it DOES NOT include a link to show me how to:

1. Create a Ninjascript (done - - EMA Crossover with a Order Entry script included. AND THEN:

2. Have the DOM (chart entry) execute my standard two stage trailing stop loss with targets and stops and so on.

I have tried it and there is no way that I can learn how to do this. Can anyone send me to a specific page, please!

Dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

Unfortunately NinjaScript strategies cannot be initiated using the SuperDOM. Please see the links below to run NinjaScript strategies from a chart or the Strategy-tab.

Chart:

Strategy-tab:

Comment

Not Using DOM

I may not have been clear. I am running a strategy I created from Ninjascript editor (the step by step one). It's a simple crossover EMA alert and auto-trade strategy.

It works as I use Chart Trader. The orders go in (long or short) but the ATM Strategy in the sidebar of Chart Trader is not being invoked. If I trade myself, with my Strategy NOT started, but my ATM strategy ON, then of course, I enter an order by right clicking and my stop-loss scheme is automatically put on the chart and I can see the targets, stops and trailing stops working perfectly.

Again, when I use my Ninjascript strategy, the stop-loss strategy in chart trader does not work even though I have it ON (selected) in Chart Trader set-up screen to the right of my chart where the BUY, SELL, Close buttons are located. The setup utility is below those buttons.

Comment

I see, unfortunately this is as expected. It is not supported to use ATM strategies selected in ChartTrader while running an automated NinjaScript strategy.

You can use ATM functions in the automated strategy itself. Please see the link posted in post #2 for more information.

Comment

ATM+backtesting?

Will it be possible in the near future to have an ATM strategy run in a backtest with a ninjascript strategy built with the wizard or manually?

As far as I know it is possible to run such strategies live but it is not possible to backtest.

This would be an awesome feature and could be programmed very very easily and separetly. (each has a very good wizard)

Comment

Hello Fecdzo,

I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Your future considerations might be quite long...how do you dicide wich suggestions will be implanted?

Comment

Yes, our list is long. Unfortunatley I can't explain how decisions are made but I can say that there are many factors involved.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is it possible to tell what new features will be included in the upcoming version if any?

Comment

This information will be released once we release beta to the public.
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I combine my strategy with an ATM, I am getting multiple entries during the time my conditions are true.

Without the ATM call, the script seems respects,

Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Short

and that stops positions being added, but it dosn't work when I call an ATM.

How can I stop positions being added when I call an ATM strategy from my script ?

thx.

Comment

Position.MarketPosition is for a NinjaScript position, not an ATM position. You want to use the ATM methods to limit trading.

Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have an ATM template that I have saved and use from the DOM, I am sure I have read somewhere that I can use that template in a strategy by calling on it. Is that correct?

I have done searches but I just can't find anything on this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans
                              by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes