Unexplained Close at the End of the session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexplained Close at the End of the session

Yesterday I had a position in Gold and at the end of the session Gold Dec 20 contract was trading around 1903. I had intended trading it into the next session. I had my ATM set to GTC for all trades. At 3:52pm (my time) and at the end of the Gold session a limit trade was executed at 1895 around 8 dollars below the market.

so two questions:

1. Why does it exit me at the end of the session when I have gtc enabled?
    2. Why does it execute the exit trades so far from the current market?

I on sim so no harm but don't understand this behavior.

Can someone help?

taddypole....

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Justin
      Here are the zipped files....

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we will need those files to be resent following the directions posted above. We removed your previously-uploaded files as they may contain important personal information that shouldn't be shared on a public forum, for your security.

Here are the directions for sending those log and trace files to me in a private message.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Comment

This problem continuers to plague me. It doesn't happen all the time but it scares me as I wonder what it would do if I was trading live?
          I'm on NT 7 with version 7.0.1000.42
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello taddypole,

Thank you for your message.

I would like to investigate this behavior on your platform further, but we will need to view your log and trace files in order to take the next best steps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post adeelshahzad  
            Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
            10 responses
            1 like