Quotes disconnect alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotes disconnect alert

My quotes from MBTrading have been disconnected periodically throughout the day today, but I am not getting a warning from NT that the connection has failed. The failed connection shows up in alerts, but nothing pops up on the screen. I seem to remember getting a pop up alert for a failed connection, is there a setting somewhere for this? Thanks.

Alan

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to Tools --> Options --> General tab --> under sounds, check "connection lost."
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Actually, that box is checked. The connection just failed again, and again with no audible warning. The sound is turned on. Shouldn't I also be seeing a window saying the connection failed as well? Thanks.

Alan

Comment

Perhaps the disconnects/reconnect is happening to fast for the sounds to be fired off.

Are your other sounds working? This may be a video card issue.

Please try restarting NinjaTrader.

Also, with your disconnects, if you are using a wireless router, try connecting directly to see if the disconnects continue.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
          Perhaps the disconnects/reconnect is happening to fast for the sounds to be fired off.

Are your other sounds working? This may be a video card issue.

Please try restarting NinjaTrader.

Also, with your disconnects, if you are using a wireless router, try connecting directly to see if the disconnects continue.
          Disconnects are lasting for several minutes.

Other sounds are working, such as stop filled, etc.

I restarted NT before the last 3 or 4 disconnects.

Connection is direct, wireless is not in use.

I did try one thing - I unchecked the audible alert box, restarted NT, and checked the box again. I've had 3 connection failures since, but still am not getting an audible alert. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I suggest you pin down the reason for your disconnects first, please see below for some possible issues:

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
            Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
            • ISP issues
            • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
            • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
            • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
            • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
              Hello,

I suggest you pin down the reason for your disconnects first, please see below for some possible issues:

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
              Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
              • ISP issues
              • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
              • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
              • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
              • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
              The quote problem was on MBTrading's end. I simply want to get NT's audible connection failure warning working, as it used to.

Comment

Can you please send in a note to support AT NinjaTrader DOT com?

Put Attn: Ray Stein in the subject and reference this post.

I will provide further instructions.

Thank you!

Comment

I had the same problems yesterday also. The connection indication turned orange and quotes from MBT stalled but I was still able to exit out of some trades. No audible warnings even though I have all of them checked.
                  Last edited by dtf139; 10-23-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Is this still occuring today?

If so, please send me a note as I described in my last post.

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses