Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about reliable VPS

Hello to everyone,
    There's an unreliable internet connection and it's pretty slow ... Do you have any suggestions for a good quality VPS?
    I would be glad if you help.

Speedy seems pretty good. https://www.speedytradingservers.com/

Chart VPS may offer bigger, faster servers for the money but I don't know if they are a good vendor.

Both advertise in the banners ads here.

HedgePlay

Comment

i saved about 3KUSD per month on servers by using these guys - ST Louis

VPS - XLS i use for smaller loads
      https://contabo.com/?show=configurator&vserver_id=245

For very larger loads - VDS are incredible
      https://contabo.com/?show=configurator&vds_id=301

but im not super low latency and nor is the datafeed or platform...expectation its plenty fast enough, so i notice no difference - except in the bank each month.
      if i want to spend cash and go better proximity wise i would consider steadfast.net alot of the so called trading server companies are selling old junk servers for big prices due to proximity to popular datacenters -

For NT8
      SSDs or much better NVME SSDS
      modern architecture and RAM

I am using VDS 8 CPU here - and pushed the boundaries far beyond 99.9% of the normal users of NT8.

Here im running an exhaustive realtime indices AlphaBias vertical/horizontal correlation trend analysis on over 60 timeframes on 15 markets - so that's about 1000 indicator instances....
      +plus running over 60 algos in realtime
      +plus live trading on this server -

No lag, no render delay

i do use proprietary data syncing and loading routines and automated frameworks to control the server and NT8 instance as well as optimised components and algos. but what i am achieving is far beyond the boundaries of the norm...

i ran a subset of the same setup on VPS and it worked just fine.... say a 20% load of the same thing.

i have others 8 core VDS servers where I'm running over 600 algos in parallel and then recording the stats to MSSQL/ASP.NEt in real-time - no lag no issues... i use 2 disks with data NT8 on drive D - documents location mapped to D:\users\trader\documents etc

I have such a large dataset 65 futures instruments with year, month, week, day,.minute and so on with 20 years look back to 30days on smaller renko/range types - which did take hours to load using the default method and data option- "get data from Server". i turn that off and and use programmed NT8 Addons to perform sequential data downloading and workspace starting routines and coding techniques its only 15 minutes to do what was thought to be impossible.... as NT8 was designed with retail traders in mind - not portfolio trading....but is so flexible this can be achieved with the relevant technical skills.

So to even realize this can be done with NT8 and a VDS is off the wall... what i am doing with NT8 with true hedge fund futures portfolio true fault tolerant swing trading is unheard of and for a price that would costs $1000s per month for the software and $1000s for the server.

Point being i don't need to spend out $1000s to do make it possible... and VDS is incredible value but VPS is still an option and don't get fooled by these server companies selling old antique servers at rip off prices... due to location... you are not a HFT DMA trading desk and never will be - so save your money where you can - the main benefit of VDS, VPS is reliability not latency as the primary.

So for normal trading usage a 4 Core VDS should be ample and or a VPS XLS

AMD VDS is very amazing and contabo is incredible value you wont beat it if you do let me know ;-)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2020_11_19T15_37_00_627Z.png Views:	0 Size:	330.1 KB ID:	1128359
      Last edited by MicroTrends; 11-19-2020, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.

There are a handful of third-party VPS providers that would allow you to run NinjaTrader on a remote server. Here is a link to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website with search results for third-party VPS providers. You can find more information about these companies by visiting their websites and contacting them directly:
        The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by LeroyO, Today, 04:09 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post LeroyO
        by LeroyO

Started by sidlercom80, Today, 04:57 AM
        2 responses