Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with I.B.

Hello,

I have been using Ninjatrader 7 with I.B for many years.
    After several months without trading, I started last week.
    Since then, I have been able to place an order. The order is well transmitted to I.B. But then I can't do anything. I can't cancel my order, move it or place another one.

I.B. tws 978.2c
    Ninja 7.0.1000.40

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Erick

Hello Erick,

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

As your orders appear to be with Interactive Brokers I would recommend contacting them first to manage any live order you may have.

Did you enable the "Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients" feature and disable the "Read-Only API" in Interactive Broker's TWS?

If you are not aware of these settings or how to change them, please take a look at our Connection Guide at the following address:

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

On a further note, the currently installed version is out of date, I would also suggest installing the newest NinjaTrader 7 (or 8) platform to ensure you are up-to-date.

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Under 'Prior Releases' select the version next to 'NinjaTrader 7' to begin your download.
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments after the update, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

If these checkboxes are already set as shown, your platform is up-to-date and you still experience these issues, I'd like to take a look at your log & trace files, as they would give us a further indication of what isn't working as it should.

As these files contain sensitive information (e.g. your live account name), it'd be best if you could forward them to us through the platform directly.

To do this, please click on Help > Mail to Platform Support, then enter the following information within the email, this will help us associate it with this post:

ATTN Manfred 2847698

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Manfred; 11-24-2020, 10:53 AM.
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Manfred,
      I did an update of Ninjatrader 7 and i reset instruments; and now everything seems correct. Thank you and have a nice day.
      Erick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post maybeimnotrader  
      Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes