Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts and timezones

Hi there.

I'd like to have the times on my chart match EST (I am NOT in EST). Changing the local time on my PC is out of my control.

Literally I just want the times across the X axis to be "shown" as "timezone + or - X hrs".

Is there any way for me to do this?

Thanks

Unfortunately it is not supported to modify the display of the X-axis values.

NinjaTrader uses your local PC clock to time stamp its bars. Unfortunately the only manner would be setting your PC clock and time zone to EST.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Time Zone

for some reason the time on my charts is 1 hour earlier than the time on my PC.. I have the latest and greatest running on vista... 6.5.000..7

I just reimaged my PC and reloaded NT and this is the result.. Strange happenings...)

Any ideas.. ?

seems like a feature some folks would like to have..)

Comment

Please check if your PC clock and time zone setting on your PC is configured correctly.

In addition, please ensure your PC clock is in synch. Let me know if this will work for you.

Comment

LOL.. sure enough I had Central American time and not Central Time USA
          and they do not use Daily Saving Time ..)

thanks..

david

Comment

Hi,

I can't find a newer thread which addresses this issue, but I would likewise like to be able to adjust the timezones on the x-axis from what is displayed on the computer clock. To be able to have different timeframes on different charts would be perfect (ie. US, German & Australian), but I'd be happy with just changing one of them to start with. Has there been any improvements that I haven't been able to find, in NT7 perhaps?

Cheers!

Comment

Hello gordian,

Unfortunately it is not supported to change time zones within NinjaTrader itself. Data will be listed as per the time zone used on your PC clock.

I will forward your suggestion to change time zones in charts within NinjaTrader to Development and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations of the software.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

I'll insert my two cents. In fact, the line "(local time)" for charts session times and in Strategy Analyzer is hypocritical in a sense that it's not local time on your PC, but rather time in NT database. I've moved and changed time zone, so when I access my old db I get historical data that's shifted in time (although the local time on my PC is correctly adjusted). This bugs me when these older securities mix with newer data in Strategy Analyzer, nad I can specify only one session time. I've tried to re-import the data while in my current zone, but the data still appears to be shifted. It's be good to have this problem solved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post Jltarrau  
                Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Jltarrau