Order rejected after accepted - lost a lot of $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order rejected after accepted - lost a lot of $

Today I lost a lot of money because of an error I have never seen before. I was connected to Interactive Brokers running a strategy that has worked perfectly for months. No changes have been made to anything on my side (no updates, nothing). I am running 6.5.1000.5 and IB TWS 884.8. My order was rejected after being accepted (?). Here is the trace log:

2008-10-22 08:37:00:468 (IB) Cbi.Order.Update1: oldid='<removed>' Order='<removed>' Name='Sell short' New State=Accepted Instrument='ES 12-08' Action=SellShort Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=2 Type=Market Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''
    2008-10-22 08:37:00:468 (IB) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.OrderStatusEventAr gs: Order='<removed>' Name='Sell short' New State=Rejected Instrument='ES 12-08' Action=SellShort Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=2 Type=Market Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=OrderRejected Native error='Error processing request:-'rb' : cause - -1 (322)'

NinjaTrader then killed my strategy, even though my other strategies worked fine.

Is this an error within NinjaTrader 6.5, or on the part of IB? What is cause "- - 1 (322)"?

I cannot survive too many more of these.
    What can I do to ensure this never happens again? I will go to controlling my orders via the Advanced Execution system if I have to - could that avoid this error, or at least provide a path to recover and resubmit the order?

HELP!

Please contact your broker regarding the native error message, we only display the message.

In addition, I recommend to install our latest version NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.6 at the link below.

Upgrade TWS as well to version 887 at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses