NinjaTrader just crashed on me, now my saved workspace won't load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader just crashed on me, now my saved workspace won't load

Just had Ninjatrader crash on me out of the blue. I went ahead and restarted my computer, then restarted NT, which opened up fine. But when I went to load my saved workspace, nothing comes up. The control panel window is the only window that's open. Is there anything else I should try in order to recover my workspace? I had several charts on it, one of which had a bunch of drawing objects on it that I'd like to recover if possible. Any ideas?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 7 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to File> Workspaces> Open

If this does not resolve this, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently.

Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive.
    • From within the Control Center window select the File menu. Then select the menu Utilities and the Restore... menu item
    • Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
    • Press the "Open" button

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.
    If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows
    • To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 7
    • Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
    • See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
    • If not, you will need to recreate your workspace

To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by going to File> Exit or selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list.

You will need to exclude the following directories.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7

(My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7

Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dennis View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 7 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to File> Workspaces> Open

If this does not resolve this, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently.

Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive.
      • From within the Control Center window select the File menu. Then select the menu Utilities and the Restore... menu item
      • Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
      • Press the "Open" button

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.
      If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows
      • To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 7
      • Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
      • See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
      • If not, you will need to recreate your workspace

To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by going to File> Exit or selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list.

You will need to exclude the following directories.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7

(My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7

Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      I just restored from my latest backup and the problem is the same - my workspace is empty/ non-existent. It's weird because normally when I boot up the NinjaTrader program, the workspace that automatically opens is "Untitled1", and I have to manually open my "Default Futures" workspace (the one I'm trying to access). But since this problem started, when I boot up NinjaTrader, "Default Futures" is the one that is opened automatically and is blank (no charts, etc). Even after restoring from backup, it automatically had "Default Futures" selected and again it was blank. Even when I open a different workspace and then go back and re-open Default Futures, there's still nothing there

EDIT: Okay scratch that, I just closed and re-opened Default Futures again and it loaded correctly. Problem solved as best it can be. Thanks for your help
      Last edited by EnveousColnago; 11-28-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh