Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Options Expiry Month Failing for ZB 03-21

Good morning,

I was getting around to moving my contract expiry month on ZB to 03-21 on NT 7, and experienced some unexpected results... Here's what I did:
    • Added ZB 03-21 to instrument list
    • Went to create a chart with ZB 03-21, and received the following error msg: "Error on loading chart for 'ZB 03-21 Globex': NT data server does not support this instrument, no data availble"
    • But.... when you click through the "OK" on the 2 error msgs, the ZB 03-21 chart DOES display, just not with the historical data. And, the Super DOM is also populating with ZB 3-21 correctly, AND... no error mesage.
    SOOO, the $64,000 Question is - why am I getting chart populated when this error message is displayed?
    • So, I go to "Reload All Historical Data", and the bars that were drawn on the chart immediately are removed, and the same error message is displayed.
    • Next, I disconnect from the "LIVE" data feed.
    • Then I go to Tools/Options/Data and click on "Rest DB" and "Repair DB"
    • Then I close open workspaces, disconnect from LIVE feed, and close NT
    • Reboot my computer
    • After reboot, same story with ZB 03-21
    • So, I decide to be a little adventurous, and add MES 03-21 to the instrument list, go to create a chart, and VOILA!!! Same results.
    • I tried looking on the "Help" section, and checking the FORUM - but couldn't find anything related to this issue.
    So, I am very much looking forward to your input.

Thanks.

I too am having this issue with this contract. Am also having the exact same issue with trying to set up UB 03-21. Since this is the front month contract, it should have been pushed by NinjaTrader into the contract table but it is not. I added it manually - which is a bit of an affair to do (and get it to move to the top of all the UB contracts), but I don't have an offset price value, so it displays with a major gap, on the price chart. After I've changed an existing UB 12-20 chart to display UB 03-21, the below dialogue box appears 3 times. A related problem is that after the dialogue message included here appears, the realtime (CQG) data that does show as incoming, is not saved to the chart, even though I have set a Nov 29/20 rollover date. I have had essentially the same problem with CL contracts, as well as GC contracts. I've clicked/used the "Reset instruments", and it has not helped. NT is @ v39.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ninja not supporting UB 03-21.png
Views:	473
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1130273

Comment

Hello ohtrader,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry today.

I was unable to recreate this behavior when I tested on my end with the latest updated version of NinjaTrader.

As the next troubleshooting step, I would recommend ensuring you are updated to the latest version of NinjaTrader and then reset your instruments on the platform. The latest version of NinjaTrader 7 is version 7.0.1000.41

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
      • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
      • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      • Enter your license key and press Submit
      • Under 'Prior Releases' select the version next to 'NinjaTrader 7' to begin your download.
      • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
      Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
      • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
      • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
      • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
      If you are still unable to access these instruments and are receiving the same errors, please reach out to us at platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and please provide us with your log and trace files, so we can investigate further.

You can follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your inquiry, so we may investigate this matter further.
      • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
      • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
      Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance or any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post love2code2trade  
      Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101