Not getting pricing data on SOME instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not getting pricing data on SOME instruments

I really, really (really) need to know why I am getting price data on YM, NQ and EMD, but not on ES and TF.

I have been discretionary trading ES and TF often lately, but not the others. So there is probably a lot of history or whatever in the database for these two instruments. So today I opened a position on ES. Then I started getting the "Price Feed=ConnectionLost", "Price Feed=Connected" messages in the log every minute or so. Then the ES price jumped down about 10 points within seconds, so I figured my connection was delaying price data. I closed and restarted NT -- but then I got NO price data for ES or TF (still OK with YM, EMD, NQ). I stopped NT again and rebooted. Still no ES or TF prices. I shook the computer and cursed at it, and STILL no price data.

I am convinced this is a NT issue, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot or solve it. Can you please help? It's been 30 mins now and I still have no price data for ES with an open position and no way to manage it. It's in Sim, so it's not critical, but it would be nice to resolve it once and for all.

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Hello,

Which data feed are you using?

Please go to Tools>Instrument Manager>select the instrument from the master list on the right>Edit and match the attached settings. If you change anything please be sure to remove and add back the instrument to your Default list using the arrow buttons. This link will help: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html
    Attached Files
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

Which data feed are you using?

Please go to Tools>Instrument Manager>select the instrument from the master list on the right>Edit and match the attached settings. If you change anything please be sure to remove and add back the instrument to your Default list using the arrow buttons. This link will help: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html
      Thanks, Ben. My instrument settings already matched yours. Except you have the TF name wrong for Collective2. It should be set to @TFS.

OK, what's next? Is my database too big or something? I wish I could see what the code is doing when it's not getting price data. Is it polling Zen-Fire and not getting a response? Is it getting a response and ignoring it? Is it trying to get historical data for these instruments before it shows current pricing? What's going on in the code?
      cassb

Comment

Hello,

Are you getting any errors in you log tab?

Please provide screen shots of your settings including showing the exchange that you have checked.

Do you get prices in the Control Center?

Try deleting all files in your Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5>workspaces folder.

Also, try opening a new chart with no indicators applied to it.

If none of this helps, please send an email in from Help>Mail to Support "attn Ben" and include this link within the body of the email:

...and I will look at your log and trace files.

Comment

Hello,

Are you getting any errors in you log tab? No.

Please provide screen shots of your settings including showing the exchange that you have checked. They look the exact same as yours.

Do you get prices in the Control Center? No.

Try deleting all files in your Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5>workspaces folder. Done.

Also, try opening a new chart with no indicators applied to it. No effect.

If none of this helps, please send an email in from Help>Mail to Support "attn Ben" and include this link within the body of the email:

...and I will look at your log and trace files. Sent.

I am still not getting any TF price data, since 10:30ET today. I did start getting ES data a couple hours ago.
          cassb

Comment

Hello,

I will check our support queue for this email.

Comment

Hello,

I just aborted the mailing process. It's trying to Zip every trace file back to 9/1/08.... I'll just send another email and attach the current trace from today to it.

Bryan
              cassb

Comment

Hello,

Nevermind... you're getting the whole shebang. I guess when you click the Abort button, it doesn't really abort.
                cassb

Comment

Well, Michael had me repair the DB and recreate my account connection. That worked on Friday. But today, I am not receiving ES or TF data, but I'm getting YM and EMD. I deleted the account connection again this morning and repaired the DB again. Still no ES or TF since 9:30ET. I just don't get it.
                  cassb

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure why you aren't getting data for the ES and TF.

If you have tried Tools>Options>Misc tab>Reset Instruments and you are not getting any errors in you log tab, please send an email into support like you did before and we can test your connection for your.

Did you check with your data provider that these instruments are in working order at this time?

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure why you aren't getting data for the ES and TF.

If you have tried Tools>Options>Misc tab>Reset Instruments and you are not getting any errors in you log tab, please send an email into support like you did before and we can test your connection for your.

Did you check with your data provider that these instruments are in working order at this time?

Well, if you don't know, then I certainly don't know.

I guess it's the mystery of the week. I'm convinced it's a NT trader problem, but I don't want to spend any more time on it. Maybe it will be fixed in v7.0.

Bryan
                      cassb

Comment

Hello,

If you get data for these instruments, we can make it work in NT. Please send an email to us from Help >Mail to Support and we will assist you. Please reference this thread when you send the email. Include you connection information in the email so we can test it.

Comment

New version lost charts

I did the upgrade today for new version and my charts are frozen on last day close.

I use TF and NQ,

My broker is PFG Best (data feed)

Best

Fernando

Comment

By the way, I have never received any price data for ES or TF all day today so far. I started up NT at 9:30ET and at 2pm there is still no incoming prices for ES or TF. I have been getting YM and EMD all day long just fine.
                            cassb

Comment

Hello,

If you get data for these instruments, we can make it work in NT. Please send an email to us from Help >Mail to Support and we will assist you. Please reference this thread when you send the email. Include you connection information in the email so we can test it.

Mail To Support doesn't work. I get an error that I attached a screenshot.
                              Attached Files
                              cassb

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM