Problems w/TT, questions about other broker technologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou,

Any termination of NinjaTrader will result in the termination of the strategy. On restart, its completely fresh and knows of nothing. You would need to reconcile your live account by manually placing orders into your account.

We are working on more automated processes to handle this for NT7.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,
      Is it correct that a server reset by MBT, or for that matter IB or any other broker, then requires a shutdown and restart of NT?

If so, then isn't this the same as saying that NT can't be used for auto-trading if you want to hold positions overnight since an NT strategy has no way of knowing that it placed a trade prior to a restart?

I hope I'm wrong about this but I feel that I've been seriously misled by NinjaTrader about the platform's capabilities.

Please explain if I'm missing something here.

-Lou

Comment

Waiting for response to question from 2 days ago

Anyone from NinjaTrader, please answer my questions from last week regarding server resets and overnight trading.

Questions:
        1) What happens upon an overnight server reset w/MBTrading (and for IB)? Does NT reconnect to the MBT (and, with IB?) server or, if auto-trading, do I have to shutdown and relaunch NT and then my strategy is rendered useless and I have to revert to manual trading?

2) Does Zen-Fire experience similar instances where auto-trading/strategies are rendered useless if a position is held overnight/through a server reset?

3) What broker technologies are supported by NT that enable auto-trading of both futures and equities positions through server resets/held overnight? If there are none, then are there any that are for equities only?

-Lou

Comment

Hello Lou,

1. As per MBtrading you will need to restart NinjaTrader to connect to MBTrading again. Unfortunately this is determined by the MBTrading API and we cannot change this. NinjaTrader will always try to re-connect for 2 minutes if it loses connection. If NinjaTrader cannot re-connect within two minutes, it will stop trying.

If you will have to re-connect manually, you can start your automated strategy again. I suggest to take a look at the following link, which will provide you information regarding the strategy and account position.

2. If NinjaTrader cannot re-connect automatically, you will need to re-connect manually and start your automated strategy again.

3. Unfortunately we do not have such information listed per broker. I suggest to verify this with the broker themselves. You can find all supported broker partners at the link below.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,
            Unfortunately, all of the brokers are being coy, as you guys are, and aren't willing to say exactly what the connectivity issues are. As I found out with Velocity/TT, there are serious limitations. I guess it's every man for himself.

MBT isn't a fit b/c for reasons not related to NT. I'm going to try IB next and I guess go to a broker API for live trading if that doesn't work out.

-Lou

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
            1 response
            0 likes