Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

The specified value is not valid in the 'SslProtocolType' enumeration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The specified value is not valid in the 'SslProtocolType' enumeration.

Hello,
    I have installed NT7 (Version 7.0.1000.41), entered live lic. key, set up Account Connection to Continuum. I could see I am receiving live data bat I can not download historical data.
    Reload All Historicla Data in a chart is grayed out.
    I checked NT log file and it says:
    Code:
    2020-12-06 22:27:43:245 ERROR: Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: The specified value is not valid in the 'SslProtocolType' enumeration.
    Code:
    2020-12-06 22:26:58:566 OS='Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.14393.0'/'Win32NT'
    2020-12-06 22:26:58:579 .NET/CLR Version='2.0.50727.8745'/64bit
    Could anyone help?

I had this exact error, installing v41 overtop of a long standing and well working v37. (The install of v41 did not go well, as it destroyed all the references to DLLs from the previous version, which required deleting them from the references window, and re-creating associations anew, with the exact same DLLs, so everything could recompile)

The install was within Oracle VirtualBox v 6.1.2 r135662, which by implication runs only the 32bit version. Datafeed is CQG with a live license.

The purpose for upgrading was to be see if UB 03-12 - previously undisplayable (per my last posting here) would be pushed into the new contract list, along with new front month contract of CL01-12, GC02-21, and others. Upon checking their respective locations in instrument manager, the contracts were indeed there, but the major problem was being unable to retrieve historical data from the right click menu on any chart, because the selection is greyed out.

I have had to return to v37, which also reverts back to the error that UB 03-12 is not a valid instrument, yet a price quote is flowing in, confirmed via the DOM.

Error from log file:
    Code:
    12/2/2020 11:14:11 PM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (is-us-nt-005.ninjatrader.com/31658)
    12/2/2020 11:14:11 PM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: The specified value is not valid in the 'SslProtocolType' enumeration.
    Parameter name: sslProtocolType
    Here is the OS version information:
    Code:
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Comment

Hello jiji2,

Can you please check to see if you have pending Windows Updates. If so, you will need to apply all pending Windows Updates first, and then try to reinstall NinjaTrader. Once NinjaTrader is reinstalled, please check if you are able to download historical data.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Beljevina,

Unfortunately the Windows 7 operating system is not supported with NinjaTrader 7 and causes the issue you report with the historical data server. See the installation guide at the link below.

Please install NinjaTrader 7 on Windows 8 or later to resolve this issue or use a previous NinjaTrader 7 version.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NinjaTrade_Jason,
          many thanks for yor advice to apply win updates. It is working now as expected, NT reinstallation was not needed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71
          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses