No data at night and various failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data at night and various failures

Hello, yesterday I updated to version 41, to try to solve problem zb 3-21, today I do not load data from last night or if the platform is closed when I open it again, those data are not there, I cannot use reload all histoical data , and when I close the platform, if I want to open it again it tells me that it is already open and does not let me open it, I have to go to the task manager and close ninjatrader from there. The problem in ZB 3-21 has not been fixed either.
    Last edited by 1qazxsw2; 12-07-2020, 03:38 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I suspect the data problem is a function of your Trading Hours template, which will not plot data outside of the timeframes specified. Right click on the chart> Data Series> change the Trading Hours template to Default 24/7. This will display all available data on the chart.

Regarding the shut down issue, there may be something you are introducing to your workspaces that is causing the issue. As a first test, in safe mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.
    To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues (closing the platform as usual.)

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it. Ensure no connections are set to "Connect on Startup".

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have not been able to solve anything, everything remains the same.On Friday everything worked fine, since new update all bugs, reload all historical data cannot be used, I only have asset data from when the platform has been connected
      Last edited by 1qazxsw2; 12-07-2020, 04:50 AM.

Comment

all issues resolved by reverting to version 40, minus ZB 3-21 expiration

Comment

I just installed version 42, I have the same problems:
          in version 40 everything is correct
          In version 42, it does not load previous history, it only saves me the one that is saving me when it is connected. In options the line "reload all historical data" I cannot press it.
          If I close ninjatrader, everything closes but it stays open in the background, and if I want to open it again I have to close it from task manager

Comment

Hello 1qazxsw2,

Please reset your instruments
            To reset your instruments please follow the steps below:
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

Please let us know if the issue persists after completing these steps.

Comment

Hi Giovanna,

I am testing out ninja via a 2 week trail and I am having the same issue. I followed your instructions above and I have previous days data filled in on both Dec and Mar contracts...but when I close NT7 and reopen, my current days data starts from the time I open the platform...(pic attached)

Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	NT7 data.PNG
Views:	228
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1131919

Comment

Hello bangerbros,

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2864666 ATTN Giovanna

Comment

Done.
                  Thanks Giovanna

Comment

Hi Giovanna

Any update on this...did you get the email I sent from the platform?

Thanks!!

Comment

Hello bangerbros,

We have not seen anything come in referencing ticket 2864666. Can you please try again?
                      Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com
                      Include ticket number 2864666 ATTN Giovanna in the body of the email.
                      • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
                      • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks for responding Giovanna...I've just sent it through as you requested.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jaybedreamin