Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES contract change + New NT version 7.0.100042 = Lost price bars

Good morning,

Please, I have a problem with my NT since last Thursday 10th.
    On Thursday the 10th I did the following actions:

1) I changed the NT version 7.0.1000.40 to the version: 7.0.100042
    2) I updated in "Instrument Manager" the new contract of the future ES: "Instrument list" ES = 03-21

Then when I open my workspace and connect the data:

The following problem has arisen:

1) Price bars disappear from Monday, December 7th. If I make the change to the new contract it also disappears. Attached photo
    2) I have also been able to confirm that I do not have the "Reload All Historical Data" option activated by right clicking on the chart
    My questions are:
    1. Could it be that this NT version 7.0.100042 is causing me the problem?
    2. Is it possible to have the 7.0.1000.40 version file? It would be important for me.
    A very very important topic is: I have in my charts drawing elements like trend lines, text boxes etc. from my analyses and I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THAT VITAL INFORMATION TO ME.
    Please, you can help me. Thank you.

Hello JAVIER LLORDEN,

A reset of your instrument database should resolve this. To reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
      I did this option yesterday Monday 14th and besides "reset instruments" I also did "reset DB" and "repair DB"

Comment

The issue should be solved by installing the latest NinjaTrader 7 version and then resetting the instruments.

Do you see version 7.0.1000.42 at Control Center-->Help-->About?

Did you restart NinjaTrader after resetting the instruments?

Comment

I confirm that I have the latest version. Attached photo.

I confirm that yesterday after doing the 3 resets I turned off the computer for more than 10 minutes and then I turned on the computer again and then later my NT and then later I opened the workspaces. Step by step and leaving time between each action.

IMPORTANT I confirm that until last Wednesday 9th night when I finished my working day I can work properly. And knowing that there could be a problem because of the upgrade I anticipated and made a backup of my NT.
          It was the next day Thursday 10th when I got up and updated my last NT version and changed the contract when I had problems.
          On Friday I continued with my problems.
          And yesterday Monday I did the 3 resets.
          I don't know if I can explain all the process that I have taken until today.

Today I have observed another problem that is: in "Instrument Manager" in each contract of the ES in: Edit - tab: Misc - Contract Month the date is shown for ES 03-21: 11/12/2020
          It is in Spanish format. This may be the error??? Will it have to be in English date format? I attach photo

Comment

If you change the rollover date to December 10th, what format is used?

Do you see the same date format for other futures as well?

Comment

The format used is the one shown in my previous photo. I changed the dates because it appeared on Friday December 11 when it should appear on Thursday December 10 which is the date of the roll over of the ES (2 Thursdays of the month).

But when I turned off the NT and turned it on again, I checked that it was set again: 11/12/2020 and therefore I have 2 doubts:
              - It is because it is in Spanish format that first is the day of the week and then month. On the contrary that in English format.
              - Why does NT NOT save the date changes I made?

Comment

I'm sorry I forgot to add before your question that I also confirm that it happens with other expirations of the contracts that I think the day corresponding to Friday when it should be the corresponding Thursday is the case

Comment

I'm not sure if the date format is related. NinjaTrader 7 on my end uses mm/dd/yyyy, while in Windows 10 I have Region format set to "Recommended [English (Netherlands)]". What region format do you have selected in Windows?

When I change the rollover date to December 11th and then restart NinjaTrader, it still has December 11th selected. I then changed it back to December 10th and restarted NinjaTrader once more and it has December 10th selected.

Could it be NinjaTrader 7 was running when you installed the latest version?

I suggest to perform an uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader 7 as per the instructions below. You will save all settings and data. They are saved at Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 which is not deleted when you uninstall NinjaTrader in Windows.
                  • First, please make a copy of the license key entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key as you need it to download NinjaTrader.
                  • Make sure that NinjaTrader 7 is shut down.
                  • Uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via Windows start menu-->Settings-->Apps.
                  • Download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.42 from the link below.
                    https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  If the issue remains, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email.
                  • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
                  • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to "platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com".
                  • Put 'Att Jason, 2878483' in the subject field of the email.
                  • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Thank you for the directions
                    But one thing: before uninstalling all NT on my computer.
                    There is no alternative to restore my security copy and go back to the previous situation?

Comment

Im having a similar problem. Have also posted in the support forum. This is not an isolated case.

Comment

You will experience issues with historical data with the previous NinjaTrader 7 version. It won't be able to load historical data for the 03-21 expiry month.

All other clients I have assisted so far with this issue were resolved after installing the latest NinjaTrader 7 version and resetting the instruments. Since you still experience the issue after these steps, I suspect NinjaTrader was not upgraded properly. If you leave NinjaTrader 7 running and install a new version, it can lead to various issues. Please perform an uninstall/reinstall and then reset the instruments again. Check if this will solve the issue for you.

clinto69, I assume you also installed the latest NInjaTrader 7 version and then reset the instruments. Could it be you had NinjaTrader 7 running when installing the latest NinjaTrader 7 version?

To both: What Windows version do you have installed?

Comment

My Windows version is: 7 Professional
                          This is what could be giving me the problem?

Comment

Unfortunately Windows 7 is not supported anymore by Microsoft and therefore is not supported by NinjaTrader. Please install NinjaTrader on Windows 8 or later. See the installation guide at the link below.

Comment

Okay, so it's all a problem with my operating system.
                              Anyway you recommend me since I have to make a change process in my computer that I change my NT version and I already installed the version 8?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                              9 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post caryc123  
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rocketman7