NinjaTrader 7 is freezing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 7 is freezing.

I recently installed Ninjatrader 7 on a new computer. I noticed it freezes.I trying to place a sell order using Superdome. when pressed I get a series of dings and I can't do anything on the screen. I have to use ctrl alt delete to close Ninjatrader to get out of it. Can you help?
    Last edited by mrscogic; 01-11-2021, 10:08 AM.

Hello mrscogic,

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

After restarting NinjaTrader are you able to access the Control Center?

If so please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support-->Subject: Attn Chris Jameson, in the body of the email include a link to this thread->ut a check next to "Log and trace files"-->Click Send so I may look into this further.

If you are unable to access the Control Center Please send an email to platformsupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "Attn: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the email please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) A copy of your trace and log files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in your email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It wasn't a live trade. It was in global simulation mode. I have sent the files.
      Last edited by mrscogic; 01-11-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I did not receive your email with the attached files. Can you please attempt to email the information once again so I may look into this further.

Comment

Thank you! I didn't send it correctly before. I just resent it. Let me know if that is what you need.

Comment

Unfortunately I did not receive your email. Are you able to access the Control Center? If so can you please reset the instruments with the steps below.
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.
            If the issue persists do you see any errors listed within the Log tab of the Control Center.

Comment

I tried the steps indicated but it is still not working. I just sent an email from my direct email instead of the ninja trader to platform support.

Comment

I tried all steps. I am narrowing down the issue. Ninjatrader is working until I sell or buy in Superdome. Once I do that my data feed doesn't stop it continues. My keys lock up and it doesn't execute the order and when keys are press, I just hear dings. I can't do anything else on the screen. I have to use ctrl alt del to get out of it. However, I am able to buy sell in chart trader with no problem. when I first setup Superdome, I was able to use it. The problem is with Superdome trades. Again data feed is still running in the background.

Comment

If you open a new SuperDOM by going to the Control Center->File->New->Dynamic or Static SuperDOM do you see the same behavior when executing orders to the Sim101 account?

Comment

I opened a new dome and it seems to be working for now. What should I do from now on?
                    Last edited by mrscogic; 01-13-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view