Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Orders stay "Pending" in two of my charts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders stay "Pending" in two of my charts!

Hi.
    All of a sudden, in two of my charts, all the orders I place (in my paper trading account at Interactive Brokers) stay "Pending". If I place limit orders, I can't cancel or modify them in the NinjaTrader environment: I have to go to the Interactive Brokers environment to cancel them.
    If I place the orders in the NinjaTrader "SIM" account, they get treated OK.
    These two charts were added recently, using my "standard" Chart template. When I place orders in my older charts (theoretically setup the same way), the trades get executed normally.
    I assume I screwed up a parameter...but which???
    I'm using ChartTrader.
    Thanks!

Edit at 10h56: After more research, I have found that the problem appears to be with the market I'm trading (GC, the 04-21 contract). There is no problem with the charts. I can't manage orders placed in the GC market in any of my charts... Is there something wrong with this market??? It was working OK as of yesterday...Orders for CL or YM appear to work fine.
    Last edited by M_ichel; 01-28-2021, 09:59 AM.

Hello M_ichel, thanks for your note.

Can you confirm the version of TWS or Gateway that you are using? You must run either supported version from our help page:

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Also, go into TWS>Global Configuration>API> ensure that Read-Only API is off.

I look forward to assisting.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris.

TWS version: 978.21
      API read-only is OFF.

Here's additional info I have just added to my original post (you were quick!)

Edit at 10h56: After more research, I have found that the problem appears to be with the market I'm trading (GC, the 04-21 contract). There is no problem with the charts. I can't manage orders placed in the GC market in any of my charts... Is there something wrong with this market??? It was working OK as of yesterday...Orders for CL or YM appear to work fine.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hello M_ichel, thanks for your reply.

The GC 04-21 is the correct contract, so it should not work any differently than other markets. Please make sure you are running NinjaTrader version 8.0.23.2 by going to Help>About. If you are not on the current version, please run the installer from the link below:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Do you see any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center regarding the CG instrument?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hi Chris.

I'm on version 7.0.1000.41 (which I believe is the latest Version 7).

There are no errors noted in the log.
          A log entry for a GC 04-21 order I tried to place states that it is "Pending". I cancelled it using TWS..

Hope this helps.

Comment

My apologies, I didn't notice you posted in the NinjaTrader 7 forum section. 7.0.1000.42 is the latest version of NinjaTrader 7. Please install the newest version and test again.

I look forward to hearing of your results.

Comment

Hi Chris.
              I installed .42 and retried (I'm using Stop Limit orders, by the way, although this does not seem to have anything to do with the problem). I retried and got the same problem.
              For your info, the order status (as displayed in TWS) is "transmitted not yet acknowledged".
              Then I tried with my live account. This works fine.
              So the problem seems related to the GC contract (as stated earlier, YM and CL work fine) in the Interactive Brokers simulated account...

Should I pursue this with Interactive Brokers?

Thanks.

Comment

I would recommend reaching out to Interactive Brokers to see if they know anything about the issue. Everything is set up properly on the NinjaTrader side, and other instruments are working so It seems the problem might be on their end/your account on their end.

I look forward to hearing of your results.

Comment

OK Chris. I've submitted a ticket and I'll keep you posted when I get an answer. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses