Custom indicators not showing in indicator list after importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom indicators not showing in indicator list after importing

I recently imported a few indicators from https://priceactiontradingsystem.com/ for NT 7. I used the standard procedure of utilities...import ninjascript. I received a message stating that the import was successful. I then exited NT, saved the changed and restarted NT I am using NT 7.0.1000.42. The indicators are not showing in the list of indicators. Can you provide any suggestions? These indicators are used by a trading community using NT so they should be compatible.

Thanks!

DSF

Hello dallasstarsfan,

Thank you for your note.

If the system is telling you that the import is successful, those indicators should be available to you within the platform.
    • Do you see any initialization errors or other NinjaScript errors in the 'Log' tab of the Control Center that reference these indicators?
    • Are you looking in the correct area? Often, when someone cannot locate a custom script, it's merely because the script is in a different location than where that user is looking. Some vendors' indicators would be nested under a subfolder within the 'Indicators' window that has the vendor's name.
    • Have you contacted the vendor? The vendor would be the best source of support for an issue of this nature, as our ability to provide support for third party add-ons is limited.
    • On your PC, do you see any files with the same name of those indicators anywhere in the C:\Users\<Yourusername>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators folder?
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Since you are using NT7 there would not be a vendor folder to look into. Check the top of the list as some vendors add a space in front of the name to put the indicators at the beginning (top) of the list.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hi Zachary, Thanks for the suggestions.
        • No error messages in the Log tab.
        • I've downloaded other indicators, including some from this site, and they have always been housed in the indicator section with the standard indicators that are supplied with NT. Just right click and select "indicators."
        • I haven't contacted the vendor yet.
        • I did check the file path you suggested (bin, custom, indicators) and the indicators in that folder match the ones I'm able to access by right clicking on a chart and selecting the "indicators" option.
        As mentioned, I imported several indicators a few days ago. I received a positive message (can't recall how it was worded) that the import was successful on all attempts. What I'm confused about is maybe two of the indicators made it to the normal indicator folder and the rest seem to be missing or are housed elsewhere? Do you have any other suggestions? Should I try importing the scripts again, look in a different area, etc?

Thanks!

DSF

Comment

Hello dallasstarsfan,

Thank you for your response.

Are these files indicators or are they a different type of NinjaScript file? Custom bar types and chart styles would be accessed within the Data Series window, custom drawing tools would be accessible from the Drawing Tools menu on the chart toolbar, and custom strategies would be accessible from the Strategies window.

Additionally, as eDanny mentioned, some vendors insert a space at the beginning of the name of the indicator so that it appears at the top of the alphabetical list.

Unfortunately, without testing the files on my end or knowing what they are specifically, it's hard to say with certainty where they may be. If you are unable to locate the add-ons after reviewing the above information and these files are something that can be sent to us, please attach the zip files to an email and send them to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and reference ticket number 2945143 in the subject line. Lastly, if these are *not* files that can be shared or require licensing, please contact the vendor for further assistance.

Comment

I have a similar issue; my indicator imports successfully although it doesn't show up in ninjascript, therefore I can't edit it.

I can see it in the list of indicators and can add it to a chart. When I look in the folder hierarchy, it is located in NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom, but not in the indicator folder.

I tried moving the .cs file in the indicator folder and the following error message "Unhandled exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

Anybody else encountered this issue? Thanks!

Comment

Hello andr3i,

Thank you for your note.

Is this a script that you created or was it provided by a third party? If this is something that you acquired from a third party, the best person to contact is the creator of the script as they would be able to help you navigate issues with the script more directly. Our Platform Support team is limited in our ability to provide any kind of support for scripts that were developed by a third party developer for a number of reasons.

However, if this is something that you created, you can provide our team with a copy of the script at scriptingsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and we can help you identify why you are not able to locate the script in the NinjaScript Editor. While we cannot debug the script for you, we can help you identify the issue and provide the information needed for you to correct the issue yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by andr3i View Post
                I have a similar issue; my indicator imports successfully although it doesn't show up in ninjascript, therefore I can't edit it.

I can see it in the list of indicators and can add it to a chart. When I look in the folder hierarchy, it is located in NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom, but not in the indicator folder.

I tried moving the .cs file in the indicator folder and the following error message "Unhandled exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

Anybody else encountered this issue? Thanks!
                Since you are importing, it is safe to assume the indicator is from a third party. Because it imports into the Custom folder, it is safe to say it has been pre-compiled into a .dll assembly. There is no exposed ninjascript to edit. That is also why it resides in the Custom folder, all assemblies go there and all open code goes to the Indicators folder.
                eDanny
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post BarzTrading  
                Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM