IQFeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed

I have a question related to the way NT launches. I have setup a workspace which has 6 charts, tick level time frame for 6 different symbols. This workspace is set as the default one which opens when I launch NT. This is what happens when I start NT and to be honest I find strange...

(1) I launch NT and it opens all 6 charts exactly as they were configured, charts open first empty and then shortly data is dispayed as when I exited

(2) Now I connect to be IQFeed data feed and NT connects with no problems and the connection down left goes green

(3) Now all charts go blank and one chart after the other start pulling data from IQFeed and this takes a while before the charts are populated with data

Now my question: why doesn't NT ask for the new data only and instead wastes load of time recharting all the symbols again?

NT asks for all of the data for the current day. In general, it does not re-load all the data. It has to ask for all day for today since there is no way to know what data is missing or not.

More information on how NT loads data - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you - I understand.
      The time to load the charts are though rather long. My I am running NT on Vista 64bit so I guess this is more complicated

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Davidtowleii