syncing strategy position with acct position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r2kTrader,

When in sync, strategies tab position will correlate with account tab position. You will have to flush any account positions you have manually. When I say disregards historical bars it is not in the sense of Min. bars required. It is in the sense of not looking at it at all. It starts on the first real-time bar. If you decide in your code to reference old bars it will go back and look at it, but as far as when the strategy starts. It is the first bar that your strategy will run on.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

Thank you for the prompt follow up. Trying to get these last nuances tied up before going live. Trying to figure these issues out while being live with real capital could be unfriendly

Ok, then so the If Historical setting will get me live and good to go. I need to have this in there anyway so I don't get 1500 email alerts as well anyway, so that will tackle this piece.

Food for thought for development team, this should be a standard parameter/setting for a strategy. Even have a pop up or something "Do you wish to ignore historical data" or something like that. Seems more like a setting than something that should have to be in code. For example, if you are using the wizard, then you are dead in the water (I believe) in regards to setting this without breaking into the code and thus disabling the wizard. I can see this as a problem for anyone (over half I would venture to say) who is looking to stay in the safety of the wizard and doesn't know what compile means. Just a thought, might save some pain for all involved.

Good stuff and thank you for the prompt reply.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      r2kTrader,

When in sync, strategies tab position will correlate with account tab position. You will have to flush any account positions you have manually. When I say disregards historical bars it is not in the sense of Min. bars required. It is in the sense of not looking at it at all. It starts on the first real-time bar. If you decide in your code to reference old bars it will go back and look at it, but as far as when the strategy starts. It is the first bar that your strategy will run on.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it to development.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          Thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it to development.
          Josh,

It seems a few people share this sentiment. Sounds like it should be a parameter.

Comment

i have same issue. i built my strategy thru the gui, so how do i fix this problem?

Comment

Hello,

I will have someone reply to your posts on Monday, I do not know.
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hifreq,

Just run with "Wait until flat" checked in Tools->Options->Strategies->NinjaScript. It will not trade based on the strategy position till it reaches flat. Then it will automatically come in sync with the account position provided that is flat.

Comment

Originally posted by r2kTrader View Post
                  Josh,

Thank you for the prompt follow up. Trying to get these last nuances tied up before going live. Trying to figure these issues out while being live with real capital could be unfriendly

Ok, then so the If Historical setting will get me live and good to go. I need to have this in there anyway so I don't get 1500 email alerts as well anyway, so that will tackle this piece.

Food for thought for development team, this should be a standard parameter/setting for a strategy. Even have a pop up or something "Do you wish to ignore historical data" or something like that. Seems more like a setting than something that should have to be in code. For example, if you are using the wizard, then you are dead in the water (I believe) in regards to setting this without breaking into the code and thus disabling the wizard. I can see this as a problem for anyone (over half I would venture to say) who is looking to stay in the safety of the wizard and doesn't know what compile means. Just a thought, might save some pain for all involved.

Good stuff and thank you for the prompt reply.

I stumbled upon the article about syncing strategy position with account for the best online computer science degree https://essaypro.com/blog/best-onlin...egree-programs, and I must say it was enlightening! As a student who enjoys writing, the piece not only clarified the intricacies of aligning strategy and accounts but also presented the information in a clear and engaging manner. The cause-and-effect essay format used in the explanation was particularly effective, providing a structured understanding. I appreciate how the author seamlessly wove real-world examples into the narrative, making complex concepts relatable. This article is not just informative but serves as a valuable resource for anyone delving into the dynamics of strategy and account synchronization.
                  Thanks for the information!
                  Last edited by tichirbres; 12-12-2023, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred