Indicator Order inside one panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Order inside one panel

One feature I'd love to see is a mechanism, switching arrows or other, by which the order on which the indicators are within one specific panel could be altered, move the first one to the third place and the third to the second and..., you get the idea, so they'd be plotted one over the other in order of viewing importance.

Right now, the latest indicator added to one panel that has others in it, when crossing, will naturally block the ones below. It is that order of indicators I'd like to switch around without having to reload and change all pertinent parameters each time I test a new combo.

Is it possible to have it programmed in?

Thank you, by the way, for a already most magnificent trading and charting platform. You guys are awesome. I love the chart trader!

Javier

Hello Javier,

Unfortunately, this is not supported.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Javier,

Unfortunately, this is not supported.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
      Is this not supported yet? I saw was asked 4 years ago.
      If it's now possible I really like to know how to change the order of indicators and instruments on a chart, by example how can I move a EMA behind or froward the instrument bars?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello salakazam,

You can determine if lines and other chart objects are drawn on top or behind price bars using the Z-order. Please click the chart object once so it is selected (you will now see small black squares on the object). Hold the Shift key and scroll your mouse wheel. This will change the Z-order of the object so you can plot it as you like.

The Z-order applies to all chart objects including price bars and indicators. More information can be found at the link below under 'How to change the z-order (paint order) of a chart object'.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much Jason.
          Believe me I was looking for it with the search options, using "instruments order", "indicator order", etc. And never could figure out you call it z-order. If I figured out this name I didn't bother you with this minor issue.

Thanks again, best.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes