Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Suddenly, can no longer see my Position Entry Price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly, can no longer see my Position Entry Price!

Hi all.
    Using NinjaTrader 7.
    I'm connected using Kinetick and Interactive Brokers paper trading account.
    I use Chart Trader.
    IN Chart Trader properties, for the "Position Entry Price" parameter, there is a color, a dash style and a width.
    Whenever I place a trade in the "Sim" account, no problem, I see my Entry Price.
    However, if I place a trade in the IB account, I do not see my Position Entry Price. I see my protective stop and my Target, but not my entry price! (Also, the PnL display says "Infinite"). (Oh! How I wish this were true!)

Did I screw up something?
    Thanks.
    11h40: Ooops! Placed a trade in ES and everything was fine! However, the problem exists whenever I place in the GC market (simulated, of course... could that be the source of the problem???)
    Last edited by M_ichel; 02-22-2021, 10:41 AM.

Hello M_ichel,

While I would definitely prefer to keep the profit "infinite", I suspect this might be either an issue with an unsupported TWS/Gateway version or with how the instrument reports back.

As a first step, please ensure the installed TWS/Gateway version is from our Connection Guide, as this ensures it has been thoroughly tested with NinjaTrader and does not cause any issues. If you use an older or newer version, I would suggest installing the supported one instead:

If you use Interactive Brokers' TWS independently, you could also use the Gateway to connect to NinjaTrader instead. That way, you would not have to uninstall the current TWS.

If you already have the correct version and still experience this issue, please send us your log & trace files, we can then best assist further.

To do this, please follow the steps below:
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, with the following comment added:
      • ATTN Manfred 2979055
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Thank you in advance!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by knowmad, Today, 03:52 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post knowmad
    by knowmad

Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, Today, 03:42 AM