Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connecting to IB with more than 5 charts open.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB with more than 5 charts open.

Hi,

I have a workspace that contains 16 charts. When I start Ninjatrader and open the worksapce the charts open and populate fine.

However, when I then connect to my datasource (interactive brokers), only 4 or 5 of the charts will load, the others remain blank.

The only way around this problem I have found is to close most of the charts before connecting to IB and then reopen the charts once connected.

This is extremely time consuming as it means manually closing and reopenning/setting up 11 or 12 charts everyime I connect to Interactive Brokers.

Would appreciate any thought on a way around this.

Cheers,

Dan

Unfortunately IB has a limitation on how much historical data you can load at a time. I suspect you are experiencing this. Please check the Log-tab for error messages that state something like "Max tickers has been reached".

There is no workaround for this using the same setup. You will need to wait 5 minutes and you will be able to request data again.

In addition, you can reduce the amount of historical data in each chart and check if it will load all charts upon connecting.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What about setting up 3 workspaces, each with 5 charts on and them opening them sequentially at 5 min intervals, do you think that would work?

Comment

If the three workspaces do not exceed the IB historical data limitation seperately it should work.

Make sure upon connecting to IB, you do not have workspaces running in the background. These workspaces will be listed at File-->Workspaces below "Save Workspace As". All workspaces listed will request data. Select the workspace and go to File-->Workspace-->Close workspace to close it.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Just in case anyone else has this problem I have found a workaround. If you have the workspace open but not visible before you connect it seems to handle loading data to multiple charts much better.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin