Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

To clarify, Range bars are not a time based bar, they are tick based, and thus are not anchored to a specific time slot in your charts. Minute bars are time based and as mentioned the spaces your seeing are the time increments where your 5 minute bars would go if they were visible.

There is not a way to change this behavior. I can reproduce this exact behavior when using time based bars.

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

what do you mean by "Although I would like to point at a significant difference between the chart that you posted and the chat that I created.
      I am able to see that your chat should be able to shorten the gap between bars."

I´m working 10 years with NT6, NT7 and NT8 but I dont understand what you mean.

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your note.

Based on the original image that you provided, I was able to see a significant difference between the chart that you posted and the chart I created.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
        Attached Files
        Jermaine S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

you repeated the same information after I wrote that I dont understand what you mean. Yes, you have HILO bars and I have candlesticks to see open and close and also the whole 30 min "TPObar" as there is no marketprofile in NT. What do you mean by "significant difference" I ask again. And how does this refer to my question about adjusting bars horizontally?

Tony

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, the x axis is is minutes so with 30 minutes and 5 minutes on the same axis, wouldn't there be a minimum where you can reduce the distance between bars anymore?
            For example, if you changed to timeframes closer together, I'd expect you could reduce the distance a little more.

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
            Hello,

I wrote in post #11 to the screenshot that in NT8 its the same behavior.

In the meantime I tested the following: having a 4 Range chart and adding again a 5 min chart (invisible) and its possible to reduce distance between bars totally. So why does it work here and not with 30min primary and 5min added dataseries?

Thank you!
            Tony
            Vendor_NT_Mobile
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Hello,

Based on your original email and your chart settings of using the 30 min and 5 min data series settings there is no way to get your bars any closer. Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the NinjaTrader 7 Platform.

Comment

Hello,

this information was clear. But then I got the reply ""Although I would like to point at a significant difference between the chart that you posted and the chat that I created.
                I am able to see that your chat should be able to shorten the gap between bars."

What does this mean? So what can be changed? I have no idea what you mean by this.

Thank you!
                Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

I would like to clarify my reply.

Your original chart showed that you had gaps that could be filled by changing the width of your bars. The Chart that I created displayed the difference between your chart with the gaps compared to my chart without the gaps.

Changing the bar width is the only change that is available.

Comment

Hello,

this is getting a story. In the attached screenshot I have adjusted the bars as narrow as possible! Why do you think there are gaps between the bars? This is from the 5 min dataseries - as you told me. In your screenshot you have a HL-bar. And you have set the bar width to a higher value. And then you reply to me that it looks different from mine? LOL

Attached is a 30min/5min chart same as you have, with less gaps in between. And? What is the purpose of this? Any advantage with more bars on the left?

And I have a special screenshot "For Jermaine". Have a look there is no gap in between. And? Giving the bars more width is a reply or solution? If its not possible, OK, but what do we waste time here and you tell me I have gaps in between?

Tony
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tonynt; 03-03-2021, 02:52 PM. Reason: add screenshot

Comment

Hello tonynt,

My name is Heath and I am a Platform Support Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I'm here to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.

Jermaines latest replies were simply an effort to clarify his response that you mentioned in your quote below.

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
                      Hello,

what do you mean by "Although I would like to point at a significant difference between the chart that you posted and the chat that I created.

I´m working 10 years with NT6, NT7 and NT8 but I dont understand what you mean.

Thank you!
                      Tony
                      There is no need for additional action as you've already expanded the bar width in your chart.

If you have more questions about navigating charts or customizing your bars, please visit the training links below:

Comment

Hello,

after sending my screenshot with candlesticks I got a screenshot showing HILO bars with more width of bars (with this of course there is less distance between bars). And I was told how to adjust the bars because there is a gap between my bars. So how does your chart with 30min and 5min look with candlesticks and barwidth=1?

Best regards
                        Tony

Comment

Hello Tonynt,

I've included 2 screenshots below. The first is with a Bar width of 1 and both data series (5 minute and 30 minute visible) Here you can see that the bars are touching and there is no way to reduce additional space.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	both bars sets visible.png
Views:	225
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1144843

The next image is with the 5 minute data series set to transparent, bar gaps reduced as much as possible, and a bar width of 1. You can see here as mentioned, you will not be able to get these bars closer because even thought your 5 minute bars are invisible there still needs to be space for them on the chart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	30 minute only.png
Views:	201
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1144844
                          There is not a way to reduce the spacing of these bars any further because you're viewing 2 time based data series in your chart and the chart still places a 1px gap where each 5 minute bar would be.

If you would like to reduce the spacing you're seeing you'll need to use a single data series.

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.

Comment

Hello,

YES, of course! So why does jemaine reply me he/she sees a difference between my screenshot and the one in the reply?? When your 1 min candle is same as mine? This blew up the chat and wasted time.

Best regards
                            Tony

Comment

Hello Tonynt,

You specifically asked for clarification about this point:

He replied to clarify that point as asked. It appears this issue has been resolved.

Comment

Hello,

the "significant difference between..." is because he had HILO with higher barwidth. So when his/your 1 min chart with candles shows same gaps as my chart how can he reply me that I should be able to shorten the gap between bars?

Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes