Server communications....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server communications....

I have been performing a packet capture to see what info ninjatrader sends out. Thus far I have only seen packets go to ninjatrader.com and ninjatrader-support.com... Does it ever connect anywhere else? For any reason?

I see that it connects on startup to ninjatrader.com to verify the license, thats fine. Then I see it grabbing some sort of config file from ninjatrader-support. What is the meaning of that config file? I also see what looks to be heartbeat connections to ninjatrader-support.com. Everytime it appears nothing is being sent, however I try to keep my computer locked down as much as possible so I am curious when i see these types of communications. what is the point of these "heart beat" type messages?

It could connect elsewhere depending on what broker/market data vendor your are using. For NinjaTrader purposes, NinjaTrader communicates to home for the following reasons -

- Check licensing
    - Retrieve information for customer notifications
    - Config file can contain information that tells NinjaTrader what license server or historical data server to connect to
    - Tracking TT transaction credits for those who choose to use our TT (Trading Technologies) licensed version of the SuperDOM
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I apologize for all the questions. I am just really close to pulling the trigger and buying a license...however being in the network security industry I like to be careful what software I put on my computer especially when it calls home.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist  
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rehmans