Conection with esignal and IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conection with esignal and IB

Hi I am begining with Ninja Trader and I like very much that I can conect NT with two data provider like esignal and Interactive brokers.

But I have a question with this, I configurate the conections for example esiganl conection and I put in back up Interactive conections, but if I close the esignal conection the Ib conection do not run automatically, What I have to do?? conect in the same time esignal and Interactive broker conection??

If I do it, when i have a strategie running in real time and lost esignal conection the platform will use the new data service data?? or I lost all my strategies, and I will put it in order again??

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

I'm not sure I undersand. You can connect to both data feed providers at the same time. When one disconnects, you should get data from the second connection. Your strategies should continue to run off of your second connection as well.

Also, if you are trading live, you will need to connect to your broker connection first, and your data feed second.

So in your case, if you use IB as a broker, you would connect to IB, then eSignal.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

more questions

Ok I understand you i am using all in demo service, i understand that i have to conect first Ib and then esignal but if I close Ib data feed, and the conection with the broker is with Ib too all will be close and the strategies do not will run no? I say that I am in the demo version with Ib and I have esignal too.

It is possible to do the same with the broker?? to conect to another one and If it down for example Ib send the order to another broker??

thsnk you very much.

Another question is that the data is store in my computer no? and How can i dowload more data with esignal?? I have to put it in txt format from esignal and then put it in Ninja trader??

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by noisetrader View Post
        Ok I understand you i am using all in demo service, i understand that i have to conect first Ib and then esignal but if I close Ib data feed, and the conection with the broker is with Ib too all will be close and the strategies do not will run no? I say that I am in the demo version with Ib and I have esignal too.

It is possible to do the same with the broker?? to conect to another one and If it down for example Ib send the order to another broker??

thsnk you very much.

Another question is that the data is store in my computer no? and How can i dowload more data with esignal?? I have to put it in txt format from esignal and then put it in Ninja trader??

Thank you very much.

1.) The strategies will continue with your connected data feed in simulation. If you are trading live, your strategy will stop as you are not connected to your broker and the status of your last order may or may not be at your broker. See this link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=5349

2.) Yes, you can have a backup broker. This requires the purchase of our multi-broker license for live trading.

3.) See this link for importing data: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Import.html
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes