Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Submit Limit Entry Order and Stop Loss Order at same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_EricB
    replied
    Hello ummagumma,

Thank you for your post and feed back. I have submitted a feature request to show pending orders part of an ATM strategy.
    The ID for this request is SFT-3330. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes along with all updates upon release (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Leave a comment:

• ummagumma
    replied
    Originally posted by aspTrader View Post
    I want to be able to submit Limit Entry Orders and the Stop Loss Orders for those Limit Entries at the same time. I don't want to wait for the Limit Entry Order to be filled before the Stop Order is entered.

Can I do this in some way?

Thanks.
    jesus! this post is from more than a decade ago! How is it possible to do not had made such option (wrote as a strartegy) for ninja trader???? For NT staff problably it is extremaly simple to implement.

Leave a comment:

• Antraman
    replied
    imported post

Well, you can sort of do it, manually..its cheating a bit, but functions just the same.

Open a 2nd DOM and put a Limit Entry order going the other way on that...when you're in with the 1st Limit order, the other one will now close you out if it goes the wrong way, much like a stop. If you want your stop on the same side of the yellow as your Limit Entry, then just use a Buy/Sell order going the other way, instead of a Limit order.

This way, you also do 1 tick better in profit as the Stop Loss order always goes 1 tick off the price to ensure the closure...

cheers,

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_VinceB
    replied
    imported post

Hi AspTrader,

It is not possible to do this with NinjaTrader.

Vince

Leave a comment:

• Submit Limit Entry Order and Stop Loss Order at same time?

I want to be able to submit Limit Entry Orders and the Stop Loss Orders for those Limit Entries at the same time. I don't want to wait for the Limit Entry Order to be filled before the Stop Order is entered.

Can I do this in some way?

Thanks.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
172 responses
0 likes