Automated Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Systems

Hello I have the demo version of Interactive brokers, and i have one system running in real time ok. But if I close the tws I see that my system in strategies tb disapear?? I have that problem when tws disconect every day... someone know how can I solve this??

You will need to have TWS running to feed NinjaTrader with data. If TWS is closed, the data stream to NinjaTrader stops and thus your strategies will stop as well.

Upon losing connection, NinjaTrader will try to re-connect for 2 minutes. If a re-connection vcannot be established successfully, NinjaTrader will stop trying and you will have to manually re-connect.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes

Yes I understand but if I close or for example if tws close every day because shot dow the conection... the strategies will stop no?? if i use a program to reconect I understand that strategies are stop and I have to reconect and put it again in one workspace.. that is correct if that is correct... how can i get that my strategies will running if the tws stop and the I conect it again the tws I say.. it is possible..
      thank you very much

Comment

Unfortunately it is not possible to automate this; you will need to setup all manually.

Comment

solution

if i have a broker back up?? it mantain the strategies run up or no??

Comment

Unfortunately this will not work, since you will trade a different account than the IB account your strategies are set to run on at that moment.

Comment

No solution

I wanted to achieve the same thing. The daily auto shutdown in TWS cannot be diabled, so I tried a program called TWS Star, which can restart TWS automatically and log you in. Unfortunately, IB now has a security system that requires entering a Passcard Authorization code, which you need to do manually. Bottom line: you must start up TWS ever day. In retrospect, this is probably a good thing, because if any errors happen, they are limited to one session (day). Then again, you can't trade while away from your computer...

Comment

Use IbController.. then you can just start TWS on say sunday afternoon and have it running non stop until friday. So no shutdown/restart issues...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
                Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post Skifree