Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need GAIN demo account

Hi!

I already have a GAIN live account. However, before running my strategies on this account, I want to test them with a demo account.

I already have a demo account but I cannot connect to it with NinjaTrader. I suppose this is because the demo account is not branded with NinjaTrader.

I just talked to the GAIN support and asked if they can rebrand my demo account. However, they said they cannot. They also said that NinjaTrader needs to open a demo account for me.

On the NinjaTrader web site there is a link to open a new live account (which I have used to open mine). But there is no link to open a demo account.

Since you can specify whether you are connecting to a live or demo account when setting up a connection to GAIN, I assume that it must be possible to use a demo account with NinjaTrader.

So could anyone from NinjaTrader provide my with such a link or open a demo account for me (I can mail you all necessary information)?

Thanks!

Please see the connection guide to create a Gain demo connection.

If it is not possible to rebrand a Gain demo account for use with NinjaTrader, I suggest to trade the sim101 account. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm not talking about the free demo data-feed. I'm talking about a demo account.

The GAIN connection has three settings: "demo", "live" and "test". So I guess what I want is to set up a "test" account (which is called demo account by GAIN).

And since there is this setting "test", I assume it must be possible to use a demo or test account (or however you want to call it) with NinjaTrader.

However, I cannot use the demo account I already have (connection fails) and the people at GAIN said that NinjaTrader must set up a demo account (with GAIN) for me. So I'm asking if you could do that for me?

Using the Sim account is not an option. Because what I want to test is the behaviour of the GAIN servers when processing orders (delay, slippage etc.). Since some of my strategies trade rather little movements (although it's not scalping), these things are very important.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is not supported at this time. We only provide our native sim101 account that you can use with our internal simulation engine.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I was just wondering because the account connection for GAIN has a setting for "test" accounts...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
          24 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post spwizard  
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238