Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin Future und Bitcoin Mini Future setup with IB

Hi

I have been trading BTC Futures with NT7 connected to IB in the past. as of today with the introduction of MBT it seems that the broker setup has changed. I receive the following error message when loading BTC 05-21:
    Error on loading...
    The contract description specified for BRR is ambiguous. you must specify the multiplier (200) panic. I specified it with 5 how it is supposed to be. Could you please send me screenshots of the exact setup of Bitcoin futures (CME) and Mini Bitcoin Futures (CME)?

Thanks
    Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your post.

We have moved this ticket from the Platform Technical Support forum as the question does not pertain to developing NinjaScripts.

I have attached screenshots of our symbol mapping for NinjaTrader 8 which you may enter into NinjaTrader 7, as well. Please note that you may only view BTC or MBT at one time, and the mapping for the other symbol must contain -disabled. This is because the symbol mapping for IB is the same for these instruments.

For the thread's reference, information on editing instruments in NinjaTrader 7 can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

We look forward to assisting.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 05-05-2021, 07:26 AM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm receiving the same error and both my instruments on NT8 are configured per the screenshots. Is this an issue with NT or do I need to contact IB and enable a setting?

Comment

Hello bc24fl,

The mapping contained an extra pipe before the multiplier. The correct mapping would be as follows:

BTC: BRR|CMECRYPTO||5

MBT: BRR|CMECRYPTO||0.1

The symbol mapping has been updated in the platform and you may restart to bring in this mapping.

Please note that only one of these symbols may be mapped at a time. The other symbol that you do not want to use should have "-disabled" added to the symbol mapping. I.E. "BRR|CMECRYPTO-disabled||5"

I have also updated my screenshots to reflect the correct mapping.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

Ok did that and was able to get in a position but was unable to close the position and had to log into IB portal to do it. I'll have to do more testing later. Thanks.

Comment

Hello bc24fl,

Please keep us informed.

Please also be sure you are using TWS/IB Gateway 978.2c with the current release of NinjaTrader 8 (Release 24.2)

Current installers for NinjaTrader can be downloaded here - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

The version of TWS/IB Gateway that we suggest using with NinjaTrader can be found in our Connection Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

As the matter would pertain to NinjaTrader 8, please open a new thread in the NinjaTrader 8 Technical Support forum if you have any issues there.

Comment

Ok so there appears to be some problems in MBT. The PNL doesn't show and in positions it shows as BTC instead of MBT and AVG price is incorrect as well. See attached images.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bc24fl View Post
                Ok so there appears to be some problems in MBT. The PNL doesn't show and in positions it shows as BTC instead of MBT and AVG price is incorrect as well. See attached images.
                I'm sorry, I moved to the NT8 thread instead here:

MBT on Interactive Brokers - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post RideMe
                by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM