Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro Bitcoin on ninjatrader 7

hi,
    I was wondering if someone could help me with loading MBT on ninja7 please? my broker is Ninja through phillip capital and my data provider is continuum, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Dan

Hello danh18,

Thank you for your note.

Unfortunately, this instrument is not available in the NinjaTrader 7 database and we are recommending users to upgrade to NinjaTrader 8 to access it.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

thanks, but unfortunately I use custom indicators that still do not fully work in ninja 8. This holds me back from upgrading to ninja8. I have heard you can manually add it to ninja7, I will look for info on how to do this. Or if you could provide those details I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
      Dan

Comment

Hello Dan,

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument.

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
        • Press the 'New' button
        • Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
        • Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
        • Press the 'OK' button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
        • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left-hand corner
        • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
        • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
        • Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
        • You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.

Please see the attached screenshot of the settings in NinjaTrader 8. The exchange that is enabled is Globex.

It has the following expiry months and rollover dates defined:

05-21 --> 2/5/2021
        06-21 --> 27/5/2021
        07-21 --> 24/6/2021
        08-21 --> 29/7/2021
        09-21 --> 26/08/2021
        10-21 --> 23/09/2021
        11-21 --> 28/10/2021
        12-21 --> 25/11/2021

Attached Files
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Why can't I pull up a chart on Bitcoing futures, BTC or MBT in Ninjatrader 8? Both instrument names show up when I type the name on the chart, and the chart shows the correct current futures contract month. But the chart is blank! I use TD Ameritrade for datafeed.

Comment

Hello John.2000,

TD Ameritrade's data feed only supports Equities (Stock) instruments, including options, and Index data.

As Futures data is not submitted through TD Ameritrade's API, the BTC/MBT and other Futures instruments (e.g. the ES or NQ) would not receive data.

To review a list of which provider supplies what kind of data, please take a look at the chart below:

Should you have any further questions, please let us know!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes