ninjatrader too many failed login attempts contact you FCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader too many failed login attempts contact you FCM

Good Evening (I'm on UK time), I've switched to another PC and I keep getting this error "ninjatrader too many failed login attempts contact you FCM"

What do I need to do to fix this ASAP?

Regards,
    Carlito

Hello Carlito178,
    Thank you for the question.

Any time you receive a message that is in regard to your account, you will want to first reach out to your broker and verify that everything is okay and in good standing with the account.

If you are getting the same error about too many login attempts and have been locked out of the account, your broker would also be the one who is able to help reset that.
    • Make sure you are using the exact same password on each computer
    • Maybe type it into a visible place like a Notepad and then copy and paste it into the Password section
    If the connection is still not working:
    • Begin by restarting your Modem, Router, and PC to refresh the internet connection.
    • Next, ensure that NinjaTrader has been allowed through the Windows Firewall on all networks. Please follow along with this infographic:
    • Finally, ensure that NinjaTrader has been added to any 'Exceptions' or 'Allowed Programs/Apps' kind of list within your antivirus software.
    If you are still unable to create the connection within your platform after speaking with your broker and performing the steps above, please send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and reference the Ticket Number 3108891. Please also include your log and trace files so we may look at what is happening within your platform specifically.
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply, it works now. I copied the Ninja trader folder from my other computer to the one I'm using now.

I have another issue now though, the trades I took this week aren't showing up in the trade performance. What folder would that info be in?

Comment

Hello Carlito178,

Thank you for the note.

The Historical Trade and Historical Execution data is going to be saved within the Database file.
        • This is located within the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > db > NinjaTrader.sdf
        • Send a copy of the 'NinjaTrader.sdf' to the new computer and put it in the exact same folder replacing the file that was already there.
        In the future, I recommend utilizing the Backup and Restore feature to export a backup file from one PC to then be able to easily import all of the settings into another PC.
        Please follow along with this publicly available video for a demonstration:

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

What program can I use to open the sdf file?

Comment

Hello Carlito178,
            Thank you for the note.

In regard to the use of the NinjaTrader platform, there is no reason to open the database file on its own.

As well, there is no way to open the file and understand what is being edited.

To copy your trade data, you would simply copy the NinjaTrader.sdf file from one computer and place it in the same place on the 2nd computer, overwriting the database file that is already there.

Comment

I made some trades on Monday and Tuesday, then switched to another pc on Wednesday.

So the trades from Monday and Tuesday don't show up in trade performance, so I was thinking is there a way to merge the info in the data base, so that all the trades show up. I don't know how it works, so I was just having a guess.

What's the best way? I should have copied the sdf file before making a new trade on the other pc, but I didn't know at the time.

Comment

Hello Carlito178,
                Thank you for the message.

Unfortunately, there is no way to merge two different Database files.

You would need to make sure and send the most recent Database file between computers before placing more trades if you want to keep updating the same single Database file with trades from different computers.

As previously mentioned, you could send this between the computers by:
                • Using the Backup and Restore function and only do the Database file.
                • Or, manually send the specific file between computers and keep replacing it with the most current version
                  • I suggest whichever one is easiest for you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                1 response