TWS forced your connection to close.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWS forced your connection to close.

I have a fully automated ATS but it doesn't work as I would like because NT keeps disconnecting from TWS. I want to know why NT can't reconnect automatically?

I am using TWSStart to keep IB's TWS from auto-shutting down and it works as it should by delaying the auto-shutdown time by swaping the AM/PM, thereby delaying the process indefinately.

This is from the log. Note the times of log off times. Also, TWS never actually closes, it is always open.

Code:
    10/28/2008 7:42:31 PM|0|2|TWS forced your connection to close. NinjaTrader is unable to automatically reconnect. Please shut down NinjaTrader and reconnect manually to TWS: No more data to read
    10/28/2008 7:42:31 PM|1|2|Interactive Brokers: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected

10/30/2008 7:43:13 AM|0|2|TWS forced your connection to close. NinjaTrader is unable to automatically reconnect. Please shut down NinjaTrader and reconnect manually to TWS: No more data to read
    10/30/2008 7:43:13 AM|1|2|Interactive Brokers: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected

NinjaTrader will reconnect on a temporary loss of connection but not a forced full disconnect. This is a current limitation.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tight Face,

At first glance it would appear you and I are seeing similar behavior with the forced disconnects for no reason, based on your above post. At present, NT believes I am the only one reporting this behavior and it is a problem with my config.

Main post here:

Could you take a look at the Poll post below and share your config to see if there are any commonalities between us that might be causing this:

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

@ctrbrk: as explained in the other thread you are confusing 2 things
        a) a forced disconnect by TWS at a time scheduled in TWS -> expected
        b) a forced disconnect as you on your machine place an order -> not expected

At this time we have no other reports than yours on (b).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred