My PNL is constantly miscalculating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My PNL is constantly miscalculating?

My PNL is way off from what it should show? It should be around +$ 700 or so and it shows -$7,712.00? I know this was an issue with previous revs of NT? I thought it may have to do with a decimal place being off for ZG, but this happened on days when I didn't even trade ZG? Can someone shed some light on this?

Dan

imported post

Hi Dan,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help--> About.

Can you also repair your database. Go to Tools--> Options--> Misc tab--> Repair DB. Then restart NinjaTrader.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I am running 5.2.1000.4, the latest. I will try to repair database and let you know.

Comment

imported post

It is worse now Vince. I did as you said and now it just added another decimal place/zero to my PNL. I did no additional trades and now it says 27,585?

Comment

imported post

Hi Dan,

Can you send over your database.

You can send it from within the application.

Go to Help--> Mail to Support. Then check 'Zip and attach Database' and send it over.

Put in the subject header 'For Vince'

Vince

Comment

imported post

Vince, I am not sure if I can send it. It says you have exceeded maximum size for e-mail sends, or something of that nature. Hmm? How can I acomplish this. Please let me know if you got my database or not? Thanks,

Dan

Comment

imported post

Dan,

This means your database is too large to send over. What you can do is to send it through www.yousendit.com

Then send it to [email protected]

For finding the database as attachment you need to go here: C disk--> Program Files--> NinjaTrader5--> DB

Before you send it over, can you generate a report from the last time your were flat overnight. Then check the executions and positions column. Does the value in there matches with your real trades. If not, then there are executions missing.

Vince

Comment

imported post

Vince I will send the db over. Honestly it's hard to say if the executions match the real trades because I am trading on the sim and paper trading a new trade set up. I checked a number of them now against many of my paper trades, not all, and they appear to match up on executions. That said, how could I be missing executions? Shouldn't NT log everything? You are starting to worry me a bit on that one. :shock:

Comment

imported post

Vince please let me know if got the db or not?

Comment

imported post

Dan,

The problem is the tick size for the EMD instrument in the Instrument Manager is set to 10 instead of 0.10. This would inflate your PnL by a factor of 100. Please go into the Instrument Manager, select the EMD instrument, press the Edit button and change the TickSize from 10 to 0.10. This will not resolve your trades today since the execution prices are already recorded based on the 10 tick size.

Ray
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Okay thanks, Ray. This must have happened when I had to manually add with Velocity's help a month ago since it was set up on their side automatically.

Comment

imported post

Ray, I set it to .1 as you suggested. That's the closed option on instrument manager. Now my feed doesn't match up with TT/Velocity's? I have no live data and I show number at 76899.2 etc? Could you help me/help Velocity get this thing squared away?

Comment

imported post

Ray I just figured it out on my own. The correct way to do it is to set tick to 10 and point value to 1, not .01, otherwise you don't get the data feed. Unless you say definitively that's not right I will leave it at that. If it is incorrect they Velocity must have something set up incorrect as I way their first NT TT data customer to trade EMD.

Comment

imported post

Could one of you guys call me? This is still not resolved and very frustrating. After making that change just now on EMD, my PNL should be 237.50, but it shows 101.50?

Dan

Comment

imported post

That is not correct although it may appear correct.

Tick = 0.1
                              Point Value = 100

The other problem you have is your symbol mapping. From the same Instrument Manager screen, click on "Misc" tab, the TT mapping should be:

EMD|100

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                              0 responses