Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serialized and Deserialized

Hi,

I've been getting these attached messages recently.

For the indicator, I guess it could be due to it being a customized indicator where it could not be serialized though I'm not sure what that means.
    For the minute bars to be deserialized, what does that mean? I don't have this issue in NT8.

Could you please shed some light on this?

Regards
    Kay Wai

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for the post.

When do you see each error specifically, what actions were completed before these came up?

The first error with the indicator can be caused if the indicator was not coded correctly. That would occur when saving the workspace or a template if that is the case. I would suggest trying to apply the indicator and then save the workspace or save a template to see if you get that error to confirm that.

The second error could be a bad template or workspace file.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

The first error is probably due to the customised indicator i have. It cannot be saved to the workspace.
      The second error occurs is a more recent error. I try to select New - Chart. After I select the instrument SPY and the message appears. The calendar resets back to the year 1800! And this is a minute chart! The error message does not show up if it was a daily chart. Other than that, no big damage done. Adjust the date and the chart shows up. Not sure why the dates goes back to 1800 though. I'm using an IB feed.

Regards

Kay Wai
      Last edited by kaywai; 06-03-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes the first error would relate to the customized indicator if it cannot be saved with the workspace. If thats something you made we can likely figure out why thats happening but we would need more details about your code.

If the second error happens when creating a new chart that may be due to a chart template. Please try removing any templates for the Minute series from the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\ChartSeries

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

The chart issue looks resolved now. Thank you.

Where can I email the customized indicator? I didn't create it but got a programmer to code it for me.

Regards
          Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

If you had a developer create the indicator for you it would be best to refer back to that developer for additional assistance. The error is due to how the script was programmed, it lacks the correct format for the public properties in the script. There is a sample of what a complex property would need to look like in the following link. The most common reason this would come up would be for color inputs but it could be for other complex properties. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=colors

The developer would need to review the code and see which properties or other public items in the script are causing the problem surrounding saving and then correct them.

If you wanted to try this yourself our support can try to point out areas where that may be problematic but we cannot make edits for you. If you wanted to have us review the file so you can edit it then please email it to scriptingsupport [at] ninjatrader.com

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes