Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a bracketing function on Ninja Trader 7 (free version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_ChrisL
    replied
    Hi patpat, thanks for posting.

OCO functionality is only allowed on the lease or lifetime license types. You will need to set the protective orders manually for opened positions. E.g. if you are in a 1 long position, submit a sell limit order for the profit target and a sell stop limit/market order for the stop loss.

Best regards,
    -ChrisL

Leave a comment:

• Is there a bracketing function on Ninja Trader 7 (free version)

I trade mainly on SIM using Ninja Trader. I use its "ATM Strategy" which automatically activates my protective stop and profit target as soon as my buy or sell order gets filled. But when I am trading live, the ATM Strategy is not available to me because it is only available with the paid version. So I use the DOM to place my protective stop and profit target. This has to be done manually. And since I scalp for only 4 ticks, it takes too much time.

I realize the free version does not give me access to the "ATM Strategy" but is there a bracketing function available to me on the free version that I could use to accomplish my trading needs? I've been using NT for quite some time, and I am not aware of a bracketing function on the free version. But I thought I would ask. In short, I can't manually insert my protective stop and profit target. I need these orders to activate as soon as my buy or sell order gets filled.

Thank you.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post jeronymite